SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-09-06, 11:06 PM   #1
shrek01

Default tt

Hi All
Old 21-09-06, 11:09 PM   #2
Terence

you got ripped off when you bought your PC as well mate... doesn't even have a spell check
Old 22-09-06, 06:14 AM   #3
Warren

same happened to me.

got an 02 plate, only later i discover that ive got an 01 bike,

nevermind, the 2 models of the CBR are exactly the same, so look at it on the plus side . . . cheaper insurance
Old 22-09-06, 07:05 AM   #4
Baph

SOGA, you were missold something. You have a few years to get it sorted. Research Sales Of Goods Act, print it out, take it to the bike shop & slap it on the counter.

Next, start chatting about the issues you have with them nice & loudly, in the shop. If the manager asks you into the office, be polite, but firm, you want to stay where you are.

Ideally, do this on a saturday. See how long it is until they realise that this will hurt their future sales from customers that you don't even know.

Word of mouth spreads fast!
Old 22-09-06, 08:04 AM   #5
K

Model identification is usually fairly easy on Hondas. There should be a label under either the rider's or pillion's seat which has both the colour code and the model on it.
Also gives you an indication of whether the bike has been resprayed a different colour (yet still matches the log book). Rs are reds, P or PB are blues, N or NL are black, white or grey - roughly, Honda do seem to be a bit haphazard in some of their colour codes I think they picked some by putting them up on a dart board!

As it's in a well covered place and often actually stuck to the frame it's not often that they are missing.

Never just take the registration as proof of age, it's quite often that dealers will have old stock that can get registered upto three years after it's production age!
Old 22-09-06, 08:10 AM   #6
Viney
Mega Poster

K, its even easier than that, the V5c should state quite clearly, the model. So all this, oh, we didnt know crap.

So, what Baph said. Although i would go to the talking loudly route.

Warren, same thing bud. States on the Log book, that its a K1 thus making it a 2001 bike.

Mines a K1 registered in 2000
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-06, 08:12 AM   #7
Jabba

Quick question for Shrek01:

That was your first post on here; why have you posted about a CBR600F on and SV Forum?

Are you touting your story on all biking message-boards or did you just pick this one at random?
Old 22-09-06, 08:28 AM   #8
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

1st things first, Off to Citizens advice, get some proper advice from people who know what they are talking about.

When you have got all this go back to that dealer and ask to speak to the manager in person, Be polite, but firm. Personally I wouldnt go in there ranting and raving about how you have been messed about. Its not going to get you anywhere. I never used to help customers who shouted at me. Even if they were in the right.

Sounds like somebody hasnt done their homework properly in the dealership and they've made a mistake. How long have you had the bike ? Might be time to take the whole bike back and get a refund if you can ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-06, 09:14 AM   #9
Terence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Quick question for Shrek01:

That was your first post on here; why have you posted about a CBR600F on and SV Forum?

Are you touting your story on all biking message-boards or did you just pick this one at random?
The word "hit", "nail" and "head" come to mind.

Credit to the other forum members for trying to help him though... aren't we just a nice bunch? (meant without a trace of sarcasm... sv650.org is genuinely helpful!)
Old 22-09-06, 09:40 AM   #10
Baph

T'was onl after someone (probably a mod) removed the dealership name that the thought occured to me that it could just simply be an attempt at bad PR towards the dealership.

Oh well, unless they post back, I suppose we'll never know.