SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 03-01-06, 11:24 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default South comes North: 17/18 June 2006

This is a follow up from Jelster's thread - and good on yer, Steve! Top man!

Subject to final confirmation, this is the proposed itinerary:

Friday 16th June: Southerners ride North to Skipton where you will be booked into some kind of friendly pub/B&B. Anybody wishing to camp can also be accommodated.

Saturday 17th June: A HUGE ride-out with the Pennine Massive, covering at least Hartside, probably Trough of Bowland, maybe Whitby. It'll be done Catherine Wheel style to let people sneak in and out as convenient (an opportunity to meet these strange people).

Overnight still in Skipton, with a Barbie or Pub Meal depending on weather/numbers.

Sunday 18th June: Southerners return South, via Cat and Fiddle, Matlock and a few other points (leaving our women behind).

So what I'd like to know now is:

1. How many Southerners likely to come oop North?
1a Are you going to Pub (B&B) or Camp?
1b Single room or share?
1c Are you likely to want to stay on an extra night (ie Sunday)?

2. How many Pennine Massivers likely to join in?
2a Which day(s)?
2b Are you likely to want to stay over on any nights?

No firm commitment required at this stage but post your responses on this thread. When I've got some rough numbers, I can sort out accommodation.

No derailing....leave that for Jelster's start-up thread

This could be a lot of fun!
Old 04-01-06, 12:08 AM   #2
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Will love to join in as my old ameego...

hopefully not doing anything around that time but who knows Whats around the Corner in this Crazy mix-up world we call Morther Ship EARTH.
Old 04-01-06, 01:20 AM   #3
Captain Nemo

the captain will be well up for this , unfortunately its the week after the tt so i wont be able to take the sat night off work to show
the southerners the wonderous delights of a proper yorkshire kebabs, but will deff be able to ride out on the sat and prob sunday

Boc we HAVE to take them on the roads round Hawes espec the ribblehead stretch, then they will truly know what it is like to be in Gods country............
Old 04-01-06, 01:42 AM   #4
amarko5

well well well

this could be interesting , it's a goos job there will be long summer days

the routes could be very long indeed

might i suggest a skipton via ribblehead to hawes then a jolly over via sedburgh to kendal then the a6 over shap to penrith and the ultimate hartside
run dropping down to brampton from alston possibly a return journey via a6 to penrith then over one of the lakes passes namely
kirkstone to windemere and back to skipton

a long day but a summers day lots of daylight hours approx 236 miles that one

Old 04-01-06, 07:42 AM   #5
Tara

yeah why not
Old 04-01-06, 07:53 AM   #6
Peter Henry

*Jumps up and down excitedly and waves trying to get noticed!*

ME;ME;ME;ME!

Yeah, If I must I will camp it up and share my sausage after the Barbie when sharing a bed!

It was far easier turning down my invitation to Elton's wedding than it is to decline this baby!
Old 04-01-06, 09:17 AM   #7
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Yeah, If I must I will camp it up and share my sausage after the Barbie when sharing a bed!

It was far easier turning down my invitation to Elton's wedding than it is to decline this baby!
Peter, I'm begining to think you've got the wrong sort of "camp" mate... If you're "camping" I'll be in a B&B

El Boc, I'll set something up on the rideouts forum too, just need to get an idea of how many will be coming and from where.

Old 04-01-06, 09:56 AM   #8
AlanSv

I'd be up to travelling up north for this. I'd be staying in a B&B.

I Might even stay sunday night and pop down to see my sister in Stoke on the way back on Monday.
Old 04-01-06, 10:01 AM   #9
hall13uk

oh oh me me pick me.

i would like to ride up, i would like a B&B, single room, & yes i would like the extra night (sunday)
Old 04-01-06, 10:21 AM   #10
Jelster

There is now an "official" sticky on the rideouts board with poll

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=31664

James, the plan is to head down to the Cat & Fiddle/Derbyshire on Sunday, so you may want a room in that area, rather than ride all the way back up to Skipton before you come back South. Just a thought....