SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 08-06-11, 10:20 AM   #1
bodget

Default off up norf 26th june

im meeting some bikers who have monthly breakfast meets this month its at The Manor Bikers Cafe. Biker friendly Cafe in North Yorkshire www.manor-cafe.co.uk
Bikers Cafe in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
The 1st purpose built biker friendly cafe run by bikers for bikers. Motorcycle Cafe near Leyburn in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, North Yorkshire. Biker friendly Cafe in Wensleydale located between the A1 Richmond/Catterick and the M6 Devils Brid
postcode dl8 5qh

10-12
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mannor_Map.jpg (21.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-06-11, 12:03 PM   #2
RavenWire

Default Re: off up norf 26th june

think i'll be at the bike show/autojumble thingy at stoke city's stadium that day
Old 08-06-11, 03:35 PM   #3
mister c
Mega Poster

I drove to Leyburn & back in a van in a day to collect a bike. I was knackered by the time I got home. Dont fancy doing it on a motorbike for a butty & a brew ta
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 04:26 PM   #4
bodget

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
I drove to Leyburn & back in a van in a day to collect a bike. I was knackered by the time I got home. Dont fancy doing it on a motorbike for a butty & a brew ta
pah last year i rode up to the lakes did wrynose,hardknot and 5 other passes in a day now that was tiring or the other week when i rode to norfolk had a **** up rode back the next day well looks like i`ll be riding alone suits me fine
Old 08-06-11, 06:21 PM   #5
Speedy Claire

Will be in Scotland on 26th... along with Electro, SV4me and Christopher
Old 08-06-11, 07:15 PM   #6
Brettus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
Completely off topic but I got up this morning, rode to work, got an urgent call that the Devon office had no comms at all. Drove down to barnstaple, did an hours work then drove back. got back to work up here for 6pm, not a bad run, 7 hours driving pretty much. Phew, will sleep well tonight!

looks like a nice place Bodget, is a fair distance but I'd probably be tempted sometime, take a scenic route up there, I did a route to and from clitheroe not so long back and it was ace up there.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 05:32 AM   #7
mister c
Mega Poster

As people know, I have been on rideouts on here that have been 300 miles plus & I'm not averse to doing it, but I prefer to ride A & B roads. I lose my concentration sat on a motorway for hours on end. I dont mind doing it if I have to, but I wouldnt call it a "ride out" doing 300 miles on a motorway. I would rather put red hot needles in my eye balls lol.
That's just my opinion. Diferent things for different people - now, if you could find an A Road route up there with plenty of corners I may be interested

Last edited by mister c; 09-06-11 at 07:22 AM.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 07:58 AM   #8
bodget

sorry mr c as its an early start id want to get there asap but plan to trickle my way back via hawes/devils bridge/settle/rivi barn and maybe coffee at a mates house in altringham