SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 17-06-11, 06:10 PM   #21
Electro

Default Re: 3 Points, £60 Fine And A Dozen Red Roses

I met a lovely traffic cop a bit ago. Gunning down the M62 towards Liverpool, Guns n Roses rattling the van panels, texting the now ex and checking the pda for my directions, looked in my mirror, it was very blue! Pulled into the middle lane, followed....oh poo. Onto the hard shoulder, stopped, got out of the van and the very nice man asked if i knew why i had been pulled over. I replied going too fast, yep was the reply, do u know how fast u were going? 85ish i guess??? Step this way sir.....there is me on his dash mounted screen at 112. I wobbled a little thinking, this aint good. Huge portions of humble pie followed, then the bomb was dropped. Why didnt you pull over when i put the sirens on and indicated u to do so??? As soon as I saw your lights in my mirrors i pulled over officer. I`ve been up ur arris for 4.5 miles mate. Oh dear, errr, the van rattles a bit at speed and i didnt hear the sirens!!! Cheers Axel. Do you know that its an instant ban for doing over 100? Yes i do. You would lose your job and the wife wouldnt be happy would she? Not in the slightest. You wouldnt be able to pay your mortgage and things like that would you? It would be a little difficult to say the least being a mobile heating engineer.
Ok, take this as a warning and slow down mate. Eh, err no nothing...Ok big thank you and more for very nice man on the M62. I did the job in Liverpool and drove back to Manchester and where i was pulled over, there was mr very nice cop, giving someone a ticket on the hard shoulder! Not got a clue why but he didnt give me anything but a small heart murmer for a couple of hours.
Old 17-06-11, 06:27 PM   #22
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro View Post
Not got a clue why but he didnt give me anything but a small heart murmer for a couple of hours.

Because you passed the attitude test. We don't have targets, we aren't required to prosecute everyone, we have discretion and sometimes, a b0lloking is enough!

Having said that, if I met you doing that, I'd give you one!

And a ticket too!

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-11, 09:31 PM   #23
Electro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
Because you passed the attitude test. We don't have targets, we aren't required to prosecute everyone, we have discretion and sometimes, a b0lloking is enough!

Having said that, if I met you doing that, I'd give you one!

And a ticket too!

Pete
I think the attitude test would have been a fail with the offer on the table mate