SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-12-08, 10:13 AM   #1
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default christmas shopping...arrrggghh

ok, so i decided that I would go to the supermarket later in the evening last night, I had the bright idea that it would be slightly less chaotic.
My mum was nice enough to come over from her busy day managing the pub, as I don't have a car.

we pulled into Asda at about 8.45pm....it were fuller than a saturday morning. I hate going when its busy at the best of times, I prefer 6am after the nightshift at work. I usually get a taxi with my shopping, and on getting near the door the 'trolley wars' started!

''oh its ok, I've only been waiting for 20 minutes for that car'' grrr grr expletives etc...''but its fine, I'm not going to get you to take all your shopping out now am I?'' woman obviously peed off with audience of glum faces in the queue.
Got through the door and it was absolute madness, it were like a load of soldier ants on hyper drive. I mean come on, its shut for 2 days for gods sake, its sunday dinner, just the same as any other time of year, your just forced to eat turkey everything for four days after, so your not going to starve! There was hardly anything on the shelves, my mum said don't worry, I'm going to tesco when i've dropped you off if you can't get it here, i'll pick it for you there!
So I did the shopping after trying to get something that resembled xmas dinner and filled the trolley. Now the best part is trying to find a short queue at the tills.....yeah right! My mum had been pushing the trolley round while I ran around picking stuff up, I don't mess about in a supermarket I must be the fastest woman shoppper. My mum dawdles around with it.
SO, I grabs the trolley off her, spins it round doing a full turn on the spot, her face were a picture as she couldn't move it, it were so heavy, and said 'right follow me, and don't lose me, cause i ain't faffing. Cue 'MOTORCYCLE FILTERING mode up n down every aisle, squeezing through bickering couples and shoving bulging trollies out of the way....straight to the shortest till with only one customer...lol....WIN my mum said you don't honestly ride like that do you, i said only when I get peed off
Gets home puts shopping away, and has a cuppa, then Im Indoors says I need to go to Asda..WTF my mums been gone around an hour, and off my bloke trots. Its around 10.45 and i get a phone call from my mum, asking me what bits i'd missed....10.45? shopping still in Tesco yeah its bedlam she says ( its the only time she can go shopping as its the only time shes got off from managing the pub). Im Indoors comes home at 11.15.....yep love its still full of eejits, they are swarming like flys!

Xmas shopping I hate it its guaranteed it'll be the same after the weekend for that celebration they call 'new year'

Bah , flippin humbug, the New year will be same plop different year

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-08, 10:59 AM   #2
Tiger 55

Default Re: christmas shopping...arrrggghh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
okXmas shopping I hate it
Well durrr, don't leave it so late next time. Women, sheesh.

*runs for life*
Old 24-12-08, 11:03 AM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

I have said this elsewhere today. We went at midnight last night and it looked like Tesco had been looted. There were people shopping likes its a nueclear winter! ITS " DAYS ffs!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-08, 11:04 AM   #4
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
Well durrr, don't leave it so late next time. Women, sheesh.
*runs for life*
well the 'prezzie' shop was done weeks ago
...and who wants mouldy sprouts for dinner!

I am prone to bouts of agoraphobia, and it takes a big decision to go shopping in a supermarket when theres loads of people i.e saturdays so I thought naturally it would be quieter late evening, oh how wrong i was

Old 24-12-08, 11:10 AM   #5
Luckypants
Mega Poster

@ Dizzy. I went to Cheshire Oaks last Saturday to pick up the last few pressies, in and out in an hour. Easy...

So went back to Mold and had time to wander round the market, then pick up another pressie. Back to Ruthin, picked up the turkey and ham(pre-ordered from butcher) plus meat for the week. Stopped for a chat with the butcher... then I noticed the barber had no queue, so had my Christmas haircut - had a nice chat with LLinos while in there.... Was home for 3, had a cuppa and then took dog for a walk.

Did the big shop in Tesco on Monday night - took an hour. Am a bit miffed there is no 'Christmas Log' cakes to be found, but have one coming by devious means.....

Women love to make shopping such a drama!!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-08, 11:16 AM   #6
Stig

I don't go to the shops anyway. That's what women are for.
Old 24-12-08, 11:18 AM   #7
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Am a bit miffed there is no 'Christmas Log' cakes to be found, but have one coming by devious means.....
so by that, does that mean you asked claire to go to Asda and find one, then deliver it...devious indeed

Old 24-12-08, 11:22 AM   #8
sarah

Online shopping. It's the way forward.
Old 24-12-08, 11:23 AM   #9
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
then I noticed the barber had no queue, so had my Christmas haircut
Well that would have taken care of a couple of minutes of your time.
Old 24-12-08, 11:24 AM   #10
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
so by that, does that mean you asked claire to go to Asda and find one, then deliver it...devious indeed
No, I didn't ask, but my little angel got one in Sainsbugs for me anyway.

My devious means was to text my son, to call into Morrisons on his way from work. He reckons he got the last one and will bring it with him on Christmas day.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote