SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 27-01-08, 06:55 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Bikes, motorbikes & bus lanes...

Well it seems that after 3yrs pf wasting our money they have come to the conclusion that its safer to allow m'bikes to ride in bus lanes.... sadly that doesnt fit with the politics of this country so heres yet another example of taking the truth and then burying it in bullcrap jst to keep some political ethic alive.

Bugger the truth or common sense, politics are far more important the peoples lives or freedoms. Apparently.

All here http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...39;/article.do

Personaly i dont think it would make any difference who was the current Mayor as his "advisors" would probably say the same thing no matter what party they belonged to.

I despair all the more cos i use the Finchley Road thats been part of this trial and i guess now they will plan to make that a no go for us bikers...even tho we've used it for the last 3yrs.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-08, 07:21 PM   #2
Fizzy Fish

Default Re: Bikes, motorbikes & bus lanes...

Stu also posted this up here:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=103374

Can't comment on what the Mayor chooses to do, but all i can say is well done to the 'source' of the leak - looks to me like the actions of someone who's somewhat annoyed that their fair assessment of the situation is being twisted
Old 27-01-08, 07:42 PM   #3
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzy Fish View Post
Stu also posted this up here:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=103374

Can't comment on what the Mayor chooses to do, but all i can say is well done to the 'source' of the leak - looks to me like the actions of someone who's somewhat annoyed that their fair assessment of the situation is being twisted
was it you?
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-08, 09:36 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
was it you?
Just what i was thinking...and if it was then a pat on the back for you my dear.

Bloody politicans...cant they just stop fiddling the facts for once? its kinda like the new 20mph limit they are all raving about having....@ 20mph less kids get killed.blah blah, verbal diahreah(sp)

Well no shi* sherlock...why not bring it down to 10mph cos then even less would get killed wouldnt they?

How about we go back to teaching kids to stay out the road cos cars/vans/trucks/bikes/buses drive fast on them and it will kill them if they get hit by one?

Oh sorry, sounds far to radical for this country's current climate of upside-downism.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 27-01-08, 11:52 PM   #5
Fizzy Fish

er no, takes some balls to do something like that! me i like a quiet life...

I do understand why they did it though. But they is gonna be in sooooo much trouble if it gets traced back to them, what with the election coming up and all that!

Anyway hopefully with all this fuss being made it will bring everything out into the open and the right decision will be made
Old 28-01-08, 07:24 AM   #6
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

See my off post for why I thing bus lanes should be scrapped and the whole road given back to all vehicles.

The things are just too confusing for 90% of motorists on the road where there is variable timing on when they are active an when they are not, so no-one uses them in "downtime", meaning that 50% of the road is not in use for some of the rim.

Theres the real reason for congestion in London, the fact that most of the time, 50% of the road is not available for use at the peak times.......

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-08, 01:16 AM   #7
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
The things are just too confusing for 90% of motorists on the road where there is variable timing on when they are active an when they are not, so no-one uses them in "downtime", meaning that 50% of the road is not in use for some of the rim.....
Too confusing? He he he. Oh my word. (Darren goes out to poke 90% of motorists in the eye but can only find a few) I use them in downtime and then usually come a croper when some moron has parked in the buslane. I love shooting up the inside of people when I'm allowed though. I have to laugh when I can get so far and all they have to do is look at a sign and then look at the time!

Really peeved at the report. Simple things like this drive me crazy.
Old 29-01-08, 11:42 AM   #8
ranathari

Interestingly enough, TFL has the provisional report for the first 18 months of the study on their website in the section about buslanes -

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/fine...tions/963.aspx
Old 29-01-08, 12:41 PM   #9
Sosha

Pah!
Opening up bus lanes will make it all too easy. Dodging london traffic is a sport. Darwin in motion. Where's the fun in a nice safe bus lane?

(living up to the Avatar)
Old 29-01-08, 03:26 PM   #10
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Pah!
Opening up bus lanes will make it all too easy. Dodging london traffic is a sport. Darwin in motion. Where's the fun in a nice safe bus lane?

(living up to the Avatar)
Funnily enough in the summer months the bus lane i use is so full of bicycles and scooters so i play my dogems games then. its just nice to be able to use them thru the winter months as its just a tad safer.