SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-10-14, 12:33 PM   #611
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Still Mr wooden leg after Tuesdays visit to the hospital.
Old 10-10-14, 08:00 AM   #612
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

The bus not turning up. I live in Britain's newest city, yet from the largest commuter estate in the area they only run 1 bus every half hour at peak times, one an hour after 7pm, and this morning the 8.28 didn't turn up. And this isn't unusual. The service is appalling. Oh and before someone says 'ride to the station' Greater Anglia have removed all the motorcycle parking at the station. They were voted worst train operator recently. My commute is rubbish. 4 hours a day even when the bus and train do run on time, which is rare and over £5k per year.
Old 10-10-14, 08:50 AM   #613
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Doesn't your place have bin liners Sir Trev
No, we don't. We have "recycling zones" in a few spots about the building and you have to take all your rubbish to them. The various segregated compartments are all built in to kitchen-type units and you cannot get any of the liners out for temporary rain ponchos.

My gripe of the day - not being considered adult enough to have a desk-side bin and having to walk half way round the building to dispose of apple cores, empty (cardboard) coffee cups and other assorted gunk. By the time you get there most people are so grumpy they stuff it all in the nearest container instead of splitting it so the recycling effort is a waste of time.
Old 10-10-14, 08:59 AM   #614
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
The bus not turning up. I live in Britain's newest city, yet from the largest commuter estate in the area they only run 1 bus every half hour at peak times, one an hour after 7pm, and this morning the 8.28 didn't turn up. And this isn't unusual. The service is appalling. Oh and before someone says 'ride to the station' Greater Anglia have removed all the motorcycle parking at the station. They were voted worst train operator recently. My commute is rubbish. 4 hours a day even when the bus and train do run on time, which is rare and over £5k per year.
You could movecloser to the town center, sorry city centre. (Chemo is too small to be a real city).
Old 10-10-14, 09:02 AM   #615
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Bus drivers.
Stick to your lane. There's scant passing opertunity on the tipptree -colchester road.
I'd been in work 10 mins early and had a cuppa if you knew how to drive!!!
Old 10-10-14, 10:56 AM   #616
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
You could movecloser to the town center, sorry city centre. (Chemo is too small to be a real city).
The bus journey is just under 3 miles. If I moved closer to town I wouldn't have a garage or garden probably.

"It was recently reported that First Essex has been given a formal warning for the poor punctuality of their services. The announcement from Deputy Traffic Commissioner Marcia Davis follows a public inquiry on June 30 at which bus bosses were grilled for their late or missing services, particularly in the Chelmsford and Braintree districts."

And the result - nothing! No improvements at all, just a further increase in fares.
Old 10-10-14, 11:04 AM   #617
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Can't you lobby the mp or create a local action group?
I'd not want to leve even my zx6r at a station car park so that isn't a good option.
Plus in your job bike gears not really the done thing
Ps
Can't you claim compensation for the delays.
Hitting them in the pockets might be a good incentive to get it right.

Last edited by NTECUK; 10-10-14 at 11:06 AM.
NTECUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 11:42 AM   #618
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I wrote to my local Councillor and MP regularly about this. And yes I do demand compensation but unlike train companies they don't have to give it.

They get his with a fine they just increase the fares.

And yes, I wear a dress for work so getting all the bike gear on and then having to get on a packed train and tube wouldn't really work. And before someone says get changed at the station - they have also closed the toilets as well as the bike parking!
Old 10-10-14, 12:13 PM   #619
Heorot

Do what I did. Take several outfits to work and leave them there. Then bike in to work and change when you get there.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 12:24 PM   #620
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Now forgive me for type casting BMWs but with the boxes and rack they are as wide as a car.
So it's going to take forever to get three and back.