SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 19-03-06, 07:30 PM   #1
Ash999

Default Urgently Wanted -Rear Brake Caliper

Asked many times on this website but to no avail, but thought i would try before I have to buy a new one - does anyone have a spare rear brake caliper or getting rid of one in modifying, stripped the bolt thread out off mine and the pistons siezed and buggered, also if no does anyone know how much they cost new with seals and pistons.

If you do have one either pm me or email me at strycharczuk@hotmail.com. Urgently needed so will respond asap.

Cheers

Ash
Old 20-03-06, 12:19 PM   #2
Bez

I dont know how much they are but i bet they are expensive from suzuki. If its for the right model i spotted this place has one.
http://www.svspares.com/items/43-1_166-Caliper-rear.htm
Old 20-03-06, 10:52 PM   #3
drumwrecker

Have you tried your local breaker? I picked one up for £30 with good pads in as well, and just bolted it on.
Now I can deal with the seized pins and generally service the original one ready for the next time.

By the way don’t use copper grease on the pins, use ordinary high melting point grease or better still aluminium grease. Copper reacts with ally like mild steel does so you make things worse.. If the pins are seized drill a hole big enough in the back of the blind hole to take something to use as a small punch and they will come out. That is from a local Suzuki dealer’s workshop mechanic.