SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 19-06-06, 05:25 PM   #1
600+

Default Panniers....again:(

Erm apols for repeating this topic, have gone through the forum and read about the Oxford Sport ones.....

Should I go for solid cases or panniers? Usage will be ride from M'cr to Notts on a weekly basis for 3 days stay for work......need to carry a laptop as well with me. Waterproof issue is a biggy concerning the laptop

Thanks for any replies
Old 19-06-06, 05:29 PM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

I used the sport ones, they are not the easiest fit on a SV i found, good except they are not waterproof without the rain cover put on which for me flew off the second day i had it on, not fun when i opened the bag up.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-06, 05:31 PM   #3
600+

cheers TSM - yeah not being waterproof is not an option don't think the company would be happy with a soaked laptop

any other suggestions?
Old 29-06-06, 03:12 PM   #4
haste

dunno if you can get the tourmaster/cortech sport bags across the pond(im in the US) but they work great. the tailbag would fit a laptop perfectly and the rain cover is very secure on the bag. i've been up to 90mph with all the rain covers on with no problems.
you could easily fit enough stuff in all the bags for a weekend trip plus a few more days.