SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Suits Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 01-04-07, 04:18 PM   #1
Islandboy

Question Warm weather gear...

Hi all...

Im plannig a trip to portugal this summer, and have been told the heat can get very uncomfortable.... Im looking for some new kit anyway and was wondering what you would recomend. Im obviously not going to buy kit for one trip, so it needs to suit at home too... I dont do much wet riding, and i have an over suit any way... HG do some "cool system" leathers that I like, but are textiles gonna be more comfy in the warmth? There is some cool stuff from HG too. I'v never had textile before. I'd also get an undersuit so i'll be more comfy if it gets cool back here...

Whats folks experience with Hein Gericke?

Its kinda hard to try stuff on as i live on the isle of man so its probably gonna be mail order.

I know this is an age old debate, but im kinda new to this and its a lot of dosh to fork out without some research!! Your opinions would be appreciated!

Oh, is anyone coming over here for TT??

Cheers folks!!
Old 01-04-07, 04:40 PM   #2
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: Warm weather gear...

I've got a set of the out of production HG celtic 2 piece leathers, my experience with ethm so far is pretty good. They are not really vented but I've worn them down in the south of France/Northern Italy without being too uncomfortable (apart from in towns), using some sort of 'technical' clothing underneath helps instead of a cotton t-shirt. I haven't crashed them, but the build seems to be holding together well, all zips work and they're shower proof in brief showers (although I've fed them with Nikwax leather proofer). Some of the silver colouring around the knees is turning grey, but Ithink that's from me kneeling down to fix panniers, lube chain, inspect snotting up on the tyre etc.. For the money I think they're pretty good.

Now onto some of my other HG lit I'm not so impressed with - HG Race boots, they have a flexible section on the top of the boot (kind of opposite the heel) which has split, and this section on both boots quickly lets water in (I know they don't claim to be waterproof but it's still annoying). So I'll be looking for a diffferent make of boot in future.

I alsobought their basic 1 piece waterproof for slipping over my leathers. Worked pretty well but the zip soon bust one day whilst out riding, so I won't go for that again. Suffice to say that the velcro is just about tough enough to keep it shut.

So leathers good, some of their other stuff not so good.
Old 04-04-07, 10:31 PM   #3
Paws

Try our air suit huni, its a ligh weight but armoured textile suit, sells really well in summer.
Old 04-04-07, 11:04 PM   #4
thor

I have a richa jacket that has zip out panels from arm to waist. Really helps to get air in. There's always the riding with the fly down trick too.

Also, vented boots and gloves help. You can get ones with lots of armor so that's easy to get a good compromise.
Old 06-04-07, 05:17 PM   #5
Islandboy

Smile Re: Warm weather gear...

Thanks folks! I'll do some shopping soon!