SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-04-05, 10:53 PM   #1
Couerdelion

Default Lucky lucky...

Riding back from Ireland via Holyhead this evening. Decided to open the bike up and was touching the little SV's limit. Car coming towards me flashed me so I slowed down to 70. Sure enough round the corner is one of North Wales finest police cars. A bit further on I'm about to go flying past a car when he winds his window down and gives me the slow down signal. I couldn't work out why but I spot a bike in front. Coming up to roadworsk and a 50 limit I'm doing about 55 but the bike in front is doing a rigid 50. Something not quite right there. So I sit in behind the bike. A van goes flying past and blue light seem to appear from no where on the bike as he pulls the van over. Crafty police using an unmarked black Honda (blackbird I think) with black paniers. The only thing that made me a little suspicious was the white helmet with Black leathers. If it wasn't a copper then someone needed to call the fashion police!

Saw about another 3-4 cars on the way back to Leeds but I was being sensible then and letting cars lead the way.
Old 13-04-05, 07:20 AM   #2
kjames

i'd put the lottery on tonight... and then head into town on the the pull. i reckon you've a pretty good chance of meeting twins tonight
Old 13-04-05, 08:22 AM   #3
Ceri JC

Good observation noticing the other bike's constant speed and the white helmet.