SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 12-06-10, 08:19 AM   #121
7755matt

Default Re: 6th June. Buxton Chippy Run 2.

Let me know if you need anything, ive got stuff off an S but some of it should fit
7755matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 10:19 AM   #122
boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Bloody hell, no wonder you could feel it.
Get well soon mate

Got a set of indicators for you by the way and probably other bits for when you get round to mending the bike.
Excellent, cheers mate! Still have your lock (obviously) - will be some time before I can drop it off though! You're more than welcome to drop by any time, if you're over this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7755matt View Post
Let me know if you need anything, ive got stuff off an S but some of it should fit
It was previously an S, so some bits will definitely fit. Shame you didn't make it out on the run, still owe you one for the chain guard!

Might start a thread in talk, tuning & tweaking, as not sure whether to give it a cheap face-lift. But, to get it back on the road, the minimum essentials are, rear brake lever, front brake lever, indicators (have some, but not full set), headlight bracket (may be repairable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
So tell us the story of the crash!

Come on, you know you want to!

Glad you're in one piece.

Pete
Go on then.

Dave and I left Mow Cop to head home. Before leaving I said to Dave, if I'm not riding as fast, don't worry about it, you just go, I'll find my own way back, I don't intend to try to keep up if I can't. Also, if you look back and I'm not there, don't worry about it, I'll have turned off to head home.

As we approached the cross-roads at Bosley, I thought, I'll suggest turning left, heading through Macc and over Hurdsfield to Whaley then along Long Hill to Buxton (my preferred route, nice and bendy, no cameras, good scenery). The was a car at the lights, Dave filtered past it, so the opportunity didn't arise - onward to Wild Boar Clough.

Quite a relaxed ride, only occasionally feeling a little spirited. When we headed the other way earlier in the day, one of the group over-took me towards the hairpin bend just past Blaze Farm, I signalled to the blue curvy behind me that I was slowing down, some good/bad bend round there depending on your ability - I do lean off when I feel the need, but have never tried to get my knee down - I don't corner that fast.

Accident was this bend, heading left to right. Looking at it from the approach, it's tame. Thought I'd hit gravel, but mate that picked bike up, said it probably wasn't, he thought diesel possibly, said road surface seemed greasy. Doubt I'll ever really know. What I do know, is that it was a bend that was easy to negotiate, I wasn't going fast, as was already anticipating the hair pin bend just up the road. Front wheel went front under the bike and I low sided. Didn't slide, just kind of flopped. Headlight and my shoulder took the impact. I was pinned under the bike with my upper body stuck out in the road, was pretty scared that I might get hit while lying there. Family in a car, and biker heading the other way both stopped. The biker lifted the SV off me and stood it up - think he had had a tin of spinach for brekky, as he made it look like he was lifting a BMX. (Thank you biker dude, whoever you were). Didn't expect to see Dave, as had already briefed him to keep going if I disappeared . Cannot remember exact sequence of events from there, but Dave and unknown biker hid bike in field, biker went on his way, Dave locked the bike up, buggered about trying to find out who owned the land, and dutifully respected my wishes that the news wasn't posted until I'd spoken to Karina. Thanks mate, I'm really grateful for all your help. I then endured the most painful car journey I've ever experienced, with the family that stopped to help. They were lovely, very reassuring, and very helpful. They took me to Maccelsfield A&E made sure I was booked in and as comfortable as I could be, before carrying on with their evening.

The rest, well, as has been said, is worthless without pictures.
If I ever get copies, I'll post them up.
Old 12-06-10, 02:26 PM   #123
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

glad you Ok Boot matey ...

could have been such a different story mate .. you will mend
Old 12-06-10, 04:00 PM   #124
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
Excellent, cheers mate! Still have your lock (obviously) - will be some time before I can drop it off though! You're more than welcome to drop by any time, if you're over this way.

It was previously an S, so some bits will definitely fit. Shame you didn't make it out on the run, still owe you one for the chain guard!

Might start a thread in talk, tuning & tweaking, as not sure whether to give it a cheap face-lift. But, to get it back on the road, the minimum essentials are, rear brake lever, front brake lever, indicators (have some, but not full set), headlight bracket (may be repairable).

Go on then.

Dave and I left Mow Cop to head home. Before leaving I said to Dave, if I'm not riding as fast, don't worry about it, you just go, I'll find my own way back, I don't intend to try to keep up if I can't. Also, if you look back and I'm not there, don't worry about it, I'll have turned off to head home.

As we approached the cross-roads at Bosley, I thought, I'll suggest turning left, heading through Macc and over Hurdsfield to Whaley then along Long Hill to Buxton (my preferred route, nice and bendy, no cameras, good scenery). The was a car at the lights, Dave filtered past it, so the opportunity didn't arise - onward to Wild Boar Clough.

Quite a relaxed ride, only occasionally feeling a little spirited. When we headed the other way earlier in the day, one of the group over-took me towards the hairpin bend just past Blaze Farm, I signalled to the blue curvy behind me that I was slowing down, some good/bad bend round there depending on your ability - I do lean off when I feel the need, but have never tried to get my knee down - I don't corner that fast.

Accident was this bend, heading left to right. Looking at it from the approach, it's tame. Thought I'd hit gravel, but mate that picked bike up, said it probably wasn't, he thought diesel possibly, said road surface seemed greasy. Doubt I'll ever really know. What I do know, is that it was a bend that was easy to negotiate, I wasn't going fast, as was already anticipating the hair pin bend just up the road. Front wheel went front under the bike and I low sided. Didn't slide, just kind of flopped. Headlight and my shoulder took the impact. I was pinned under the bike with my upper body stuck out in the road, was pretty scared that I might get hit while lying there. Family in a car, and biker heading the other way both stopped. The biker lifted the SV off me and stood it up - think he had had a tin of spinach for brekky, as he made it look like he was lifting a BMX. (Thank you biker dude, whoever you were). Didn't expect to see Dave, as had already briefed him to keep going if I disappeared . Cannot remember exact sequence of events from there, but Dave and unknown biker hid bike in field, biker went on his way, Dave locked the bike up, buggered about trying to find out who owned the land, and dutifully respected my wishes that the news wasn't posted until I'd spoken to Karina. Thanks mate, I'm really grateful for all your help. I then endured the most painful car journey I've ever experienced, with the family that stopped to help. They were lovely, very reassuring, and very helpful. They took me to Maccelsfield A&E made sure I was booked in and as comfortable as I could be, before carrying on with their evening.

The rest, well, as has been said, is worthless without pictures.
If I ever get copies, I'll post them up.
Glad you're alright, bad news on the collar plate. Yeah I got about a mile up the road until I realised there just wasn't a suitable turn off for you between when I last saw you in my mirrors and then. So tore back to have a look - pretty glad I did!

I have a full set of micro indis you can have if you don't mind carbon look-a-like and think I have a brand new headlight mount too (again, if you don't mind carbon look-a-like) but you know you want a firebolt front
Old 12-06-10, 04:15 PM   #125
boot

Would love the firebolt front, but I think finances will be tough enough over the next few months to be able to make that happen!

Let me know how much you want for stuff, I get paid 25th of the month.

Shame in some ways, it wasn't my leg - as the bike would be stripped back by now and would be given a bloody good going over, over the next two months - polish the forks, strip the sub frame and re-paint, overhaul the brakes, carbs, etc.
Old 12-06-10, 09:05 PM   #126
7755matt

I'll put the brake levers in a box. Whenever you want them give me a shout and I'll drop them off
7755matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 09:19 PM   #127
G
Mega Poster

Seen a few crashes there. Binky seen a good one to of a little lad on a 125 I think it was.

It's easy to blame it on gravel/diesel/greasy roads... Think you used about every one in that description lol... Forget about it and get well soon and get back out there.
Old 14-06-10, 12:01 AM   #128
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Seen a few crashes there. Binky seen a good one to of a little lad on a 125 I think it was.

It's easy to blame it on gravel/diesel/greasy roads... Think you used about every one in that description lol... Forget about it and get well soon and get back out there.
Aye, poor lad launched a Fazer about 15 foot in the air over the stone wall coming in the opposite direction.

Glad you're not to badly hurt Boot. Get well soon...