SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 22-01-08, 09:44 AM   #41
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

I think you will need to factor in the fact that 5000-7000 bikes will be heading for the same place. Also your route seems to be very similar to the Egg Run Route, but in reverse. This might cause a problem if we are late or if the Police stop traffic at junctions early.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-08, 09:52 AM   #42
Pedro68

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
I think you will need to factor in the fact that 5000-7000 bikes will be heading for the same place. Also your route seems to be very similar to the Egg Run Route, but in reverse. This might cause a problem if we are late or if the Police stop traffic at junctions early.
Mike, yeah I know m8 ... but I'm banking on most of them using the M53 ... would you know if that has been the case in previous years? (it has seemed that way to me, but then past years I've not really ventured too far from Wallasey Village for obvious reasons).

As posted originally, most of the run IS actually the egg run in reverse well spotted however, I can easily change it if we are running late and due to the fact that most of it isn't exactly an inspiring route, I'll post up an alternative, which we can use as primary or secondary (see what folk think).

Cheers for the heads up on that though ... I'll factor those things into my alternative route
Old 22-01-08, 10:34 AM   #43
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Most probably do use the M53 / tunnels cos it is only a short hop off the motorway to the start at New Brighton. Arriving off the M53 takes you over the egg run route, so even arriving very late (like me last year) you don't get snarled up.

Old 22-01-08, 01:02 PM   #44
mac608

With regard to a meeting place after - does the Raby pub do food? Its not that far from Clatterbridge.
mac608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-08, 06:16 PM   #45
Speedy Claire

Pete...everybody heads for the Tap, doubt you`d get a parking place never mind served an they don`t do food either.
Old 23-01-08, 11:47 AM   #46
Pedro68

So ... Tap's out ... and Mac, I don't know if the Raby does food or not but I could find out ... I'll also have a look around for alternatives (there's a McD's just a short ride away at the Bromborough Retail Park )
Old 23-01-08, 12:13 PM   #47
mister c
Mega Poster

this has given me a goal. i am going to try and get fit and get a bike to do this. keep my fingers crossed
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-08, 12:15 PM   #48
Pedro68

i'm sure we will all be keeping our fingers crossed with ya mister c ... would be great to see you back in the saddle here (if not sooner) good luck with the op today!
Old 23-01-08, 12:18 PM   #49
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
this has given me a goal. i am going to try and get fit and get a bike to do this. keep my fingers crossed
good on you mate. Looks like we will have the wonky hip gang (you and Claire at least) to rival the wonky knee gang

Old 23-01-08, 01:02 PM   #50
Speedy Claire

lmao.... at least my leg is now pointing in the right direction, is a start!!!!

Best of luck Mister C, look forward to meeting you on the run