SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-03-09, 07:33 PM   #11
rowdy

Default Re: So they're now counting weekends & days off as working days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
Yes she can, but that will count as two periods of sickness under the policy.

I got interviewed at work in December because I'd had three periods of sickness in 3 months. The fact that the total number of days I'd had off was only 4 counted for nothing.

Next time I'm ill I'm going make sure I'm properly better before returning to work and have only one period of sickness
So where would that put me in my position then?
Off work last tuesday, told boss had to rest for a week (advised by hospital) but made to go in two days later by boss and the old short staffed guilt trip, back to hospital, arm put in plaster signed off until next tuesday.
If I hadn't been given the guilt trip and made to go in I could well of been better by now but will this count as two periods of sickness?
sorry to hijack paul.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-09, 07:42 PM   #12
simesb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
So where would that put me in my position then?
Off work last tuesday, told boss had to rest for a week (advised by hospital) but made to go in two days later by boss and the old short staffed guilt trip, back to hospital, arm put in plaster signed off until next tuesday.
If I hadn't been given the guilt trip and made to go in I could well of been better by now but will this count as two periods of sickness?
sorry to hijack paul.
There are all sorts of problems with that! Like or loath the H&S culture, having an employee work while signed off (unless signed off to restricted duties) is opening the company up to all sorts of claims

No of episodes/days only really becomes an issue if there is a published "attendance" policy. (caveat - when it's short term and infrequent)
Old 18-03-09, 09:53 PM   #13
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by simesb View Post
..having an employee work while signed off (unless signed off to restricted duties) is opening the company up to all sorts of claims
We sent home a colleague who came in last week whilst still signed of as our liability insurance wouldn't have covered her in the event of an accident, etc.
Old 18-03-09, 10:14 PM   #14
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Thanks for all the advice guys. Who put the jobsworths in charge eh? This is exactly the kind of reason why I'm self employed & only bring in help unless it's desperately neccessary.

W*nkers.

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote