SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 20-03-09, 06:39 AM   #41
Stig

Default Re: TV Recommended Roads

Yes the A272 is indeed a very good road. Unfortunately very well known to both bikers and police. Quite a few deaths have occured and the police are normally there is some form or another.

The Wantage-Newbury Road. Excellent road and to ride it fast takes balls. Another road well known to bikers and a few deaths have occured. With that road I would always say it is well worth taking a slow time run before going balls out. The condition of the road changes by the day. A corner which was clean and dry the day before can be gravel strewn the next. On top of that it will give you a chance to check what all the farmers are doing. I have many times come out of a corner cranked and throttle on to find a tractor right in my path. My favourite local road is that one.
Old 20-03-09, 11:46 AM   #42
Matthie

You about on Saturday BigApe? I am heading down to the rideout that starts on the A272 with a mate.
Old 20-03-09, 11:54 AM   #43
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthie View Post
You about on Saturday BigApe? I am heading down to the rideout that starts on the A272 with a mate.
Unfortunately the bike has developed a fuel leak from underneath the tank. I will be repairing that tomorrow. Have a good one.
Old 21-03-09, 08:08 AM   #44
Stig

Having fixed the bike last night (fingers crossed I actually did fix it ) I now find myself with a morning to play with. Where and what time are you meeting up Matt? Or failing that... http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...30#post1830330
Old 21-03-09, 08:32 AM   #45
Matthie

We are leaving mine at 9 and heading down to Alton below Basingstoke to meet up with the rest if your interested?
Old 21-03-09, 08:34 AM   #46
Stig

Sure thing. I think I can be ready for 9. Where in Newbury? Maccy D's or Burger King?
Old 21-03-09, 08:37 AM   #47
Matthie

Retail park maccers is the best I think because it's close to the A339 so the way we will be heading. Hopefully Jamie is at mine in good time and not late as usual.
Old 21-03-09, 08:39 AM   #48
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthie View Post
Retail park maccers is the best I think because it's close to the A339 so the way we will be heading. Hopefully Jamie is at mine in good time and not late as usual.
Cool. Will give me a chance to fuel up as well. I will be on a Yam YZF750 with Black Technic leathers.
Old 21-03-09, 08:40 AM   #49
Matthie

Right just rung Jamie, he is still in bed.

Just me then, I will see you at Maccers at 9 - I am on a yellow SV with a stupid loud exhaust.