SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 02-03-11, 07:26 PM   #11
Christian525

Default Re: Minitwin Racing in Germany

C- Licence: You sign in for the race, come to the racetrack, go to the office, pay 17 GBP, get your C-Licence.

UK Riders with a ACU Racing Licence only need a "Starting Permission" from the UK racing Federation. The Permission alows you to race in other country´s.

@Princess
Racing in Germany is not expensive. In UK you must pay more money. If you race here you also can buy cheap good Conti Tyres
Old 03-03-11, 06:51 PM   #12
UKPrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian525 View Post
@Princess
Racing in Germany is not expensive. In UK you must pay more money. If you race here you also can buy cheap good Conti Tyres

thats great, the cost comes with the ferry ticket and fuel getting there, that how it becomes expensive, sure it will be a great series though
Old 18-04-11, 06:44 PM   #13
Gibbo212

Chris.

I am currently living in Herford (British Army). I am interested in entering your series as it would be far cheaper for me than entering the MRO minitwins back home as I was planning to travel back once a month for races.

I am looking at starting next season (2012) as work commitments won't allow me to race this year and was wondering if you could answer a few questions please.

1) How do I go about acquiring a German racing license or can I just pay for C-Licence at each meet?

2) I only speak a little basic German, although I'm learning more. Will this be a problem for me at the different circuits on your calendar?

3) Can I aquire copies of the Regulations in English from anywhere?

If you could answer my questions and give me no other information which you think can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. If you'd prefer PM me and I'll send you my emil address.

Cheers

Rich

Last edited by Gibbo212; 18-04-11 at 08:59 PM.
Old 19-04-11, 12:13 PM   #14
Christian525

Hi Rich

I hope i see you this year on the Racetrack. Oschersleben is not so far away from Herford

I hope i can help you with my answers:

1. You pay the 20 € for the 2011 C-Licence only one time!
2. No problem. I think most of the people speak english
3. We have the same regulations like the UK minitwin racers. there are only some little difference:
1.) Only 74 hp at the crank
2.) Only 98db
3.) You must use a db eater or the stock exhaust
4.) No Slicks! Only Profiltyres like the Pirelli Supercorsa

That´s all.
We have some Racers near you. Two live in Paderborn and i live in Osnabrück. So help is near

Cheers Chris
Old 15-06-11, 07:07 AM   #15
Christian525

Hi Guys

The first to Race are over and we are proud that we now have 19 Racer in our first Season. Look on our Homepage www.minitwin-racing.de

The next race is on the Lausitzring and in the end of july some of us go to Brands hatch and race there with the Thunderbikes.

I hope i see some of you in October on the Nürburgring.
Old 28-07-17, 12:12 PM   #16
adjblade

Did any of the UK guys go over for any of the German Minitwin rounds?

Hi Chris interested in coming over September event at Mettet, have tried emailing the club a few times but never any reply?
AJ
Old 02-08-17, 02:16 PM   #17
Moby

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjblade View Post
Did any of the UK guys go over for any of the German Minitwin rounds?

Hi Chris interested in coming over September event at Mettet, have tried emailing the club a few times but never any reply?
AJ

I thought about it before but then stopped racing, having another go next season so may consider it then. Fancy doing some different stuff.