SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 28-02-11, 04:39 PM   #1
Christian525

Default Minitwin Racing in Germany

I´m very proud to present you the first german Minitwin raceseries

http://www.minitwin-racing.de/

I hope i see some of you guys in Germany.

We only have two difference to your reglement:

1. only 71 hp + 3hp tolerance
2. No slicks

The best meeting for you is on the Nürburgring (01-02.10) because there is no date in England and on the 03.10 you can start at the 6hour race on the Nürburgring.

Cheers chris
Old 28-02-11, 06:07 PM   #2
Loopydog

Default Re: Minitwin Racing in Germany

I'm near Bernkastel on the Mosel, close to the Nurburgring, where I run a bike tours business (www.moselbikes.com) . I also run an SV650S K3 and am very interested in the minitwin series. Just taken a look at the website link provided. It seems like the beginning of this series? Not many riders listed, what exactly is this series? How many will be racing?
Old 28-02-11, 06:21 PM   #3
Christian525

-we just start the website. In a few days you can see more riders

-Yes. This is the first Minitwin Series in Germany

-We race in the Seriensportclass 5 (with Bikes like the RS250 and the ZXR400). So you can get a Price for the Seriensport Championship and one for our Minitwin Series.

- In the last season we have about 20 starter in our class. The SV650 was the most riding bike on all events.
Old 28-02-11, 07:02 PM   #4
Loopydog

Thanks Chris, and for the p.m.'s.
I'll definately support the series, though actually racing in it might not be possible. I'll do anything I can to help promote it, with a link on my website and letting all my customers and friends know. I'll definately attend the Nurburgring round of course, and maybe others. First I need to google where all the circuits are. I think for me, where I am, Hockenheim should also be fine, but not sure on others. It would be great to get to them, whether racing or not, and parhaps make a 'holiday' weekend of each one.
Good luck with it and I'll tune in to the website as it develops.
Old 28-02-11, 07:09 PM   #5
Christian525

Schleiz is grreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. We race ther with the sidecar World Championship!!!
http://www.amc-schleizer-dreieck.de/...ar&language=de
Old 01-03-11, 05:16 PM   #6
adjblade

Hi

Looks really good, what sort of licence do we need? (Full UK National?) and how much are the entry fees going to be?

Thanks for any info

AJ
Old 01-03-11, 05:52 PM   #7
Christian525

Hi Aj
Entry fee is 160 GBP for every Seriensport meeting. (80 Min Training and 17Min. + 2Laps Race)
If you want to get points and prices in our Minitwin Series you must pay 85GBP for the whole season or 17GBP for a single race.

What sort of licence you need, i tell you tomorow.
Old 02-03-11, 05:56 PM   #8
Christian525

For racing in Germany you have 2 licence alternatives:

1. If you are in Germany you buy a german "C-Lizenz" on the Racetrack (17 GBP)
2. If you have a UK RACING Licence you only need a "Starting Permission" from your Federation

Last edited by Christian525; 02-03-11 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-03-11, 06:08 PM   #9
Loopydog

Hi Chris.
Sorry to be a nuisance, especially when you are kind enough to use English and I have little Deutsch. I just need clarification on what you've found today, as it could help determine whether to race or just watch:

- To get the 'C-Lizenz', what do you mean by 'if you are in Germany'? Do you have to be resident - i.e. registered with the German tax authorities etc, or just have a house there? (we own a house in Germany but live between there and the UK). How, exactly, do you obtain one? At the race circuit on the day of racing? Before this? if so, who do you apply to?

- What do you mean exactly by UK licence? Do you mean UK driving licence, used to prove you can drive a bike , or a UK (ACU - UK racing authority) Racing Licence? This would be quite crucial. Also, what do you think they mean exactly by 'Starting Permission'?

My understanding is, that for any UK resident person wishing to race in anothjer country, an ACU International Racing licence is required. Someone else here might confirm or refute this???

It's really important for us UK riders who might consider a race entry in your series understanding exactly what's required.
Old 02-03-11, 07:03 PM   #10
UKPrincess

this looks great, i used to live out there, bet its a great series, will need full sponsership nowadays to go though, or a lottery win, good luck to all in the series