SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Suits Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 05-02-16, 08:46 AM   #1
atassiedevil

Default Armr Moto Katsura Jacket and Trousers

Been using these for over 2 years now, and the first set were so good i bought two sets. (One flouro, one black)

It's a two piece system with thermal and waterproof liners for both the jacket and trousers. All the armour is adjustable (pocket system) and can be upgraded if needed, and there's an optional chest protector as well.

Even down to around 4c the waterproof liners give you enough heat retention to not get cold, and with the thermal liners as well i'd say they're good for massively sub zero temperatures.

There is a phone pocket that sits in the waterproof liner inside the jacket, and there is routing for a phone/ipod headseat. The external waterproof pocket has kept my phone dry in all weathers, regardless. The internal one isn't quite big enough to hold my Wileyfox Storm, but does come in useful for other stuff.

One jacket i got cheap minus tags on ebay, and as it didn't have the back protector i upgraded to the Armr CE2 rated one which i can highly recommend. I also added the 2 line EL light, which gives you a steady or flashing red light across the jacket.

I've had to sew up the crotch on the older pair, and replace the zip, other than that they're still good and in regular use.

Can highly recommend if you need cheaper, robust gear. The trousers can be found for around 100, and the jackets up to 130 including the lighting system.