SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Gloves Post your own reviews on Gloves here

Old 31-07-13, 11:14 PM   #11
embee
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rukka Apollo Gloves Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomor View Post
Embee, it wasn't the Briad glove was it?
No, the summer gloves are Halvarssons Windsor, probably an old model now and superceded by something else. Sizing is slightly more generous than the Apollos but I still need a 12 though they are on the roomy side whereas the Apollos in 12 are a good fit. Quality of the Windsors is, I'd say, OK. Probably not the best but decent enough for a summer glove.
Old 15-08-13, 08:40 PM   #12
savage86

Okay so what not even a month and about 1500 miles and this has happened.

Not a happy camper.
Old 15-08-13, 10:27 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

wow. not good. must have been defect as mine are still good after about 6k.

contact Rukka, cant see a problem with them changing them.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-13, 10:20 PM   #14
savage86

Yeah email rukka last night and had a reply from them when i got up this morning, just the usual sorry to hear this, contact your supplier for issues with products and so on. So awaiting reply from supplier.
Old 23-09-13, 09:11 AM   #15
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage86 View Post
Yeah email rukka last night and had a reply from them when i got up this morning, just the usual sorry to hear this, contact your supplier for issues with products and so on. So awaiting reply from supplier.
Any futher with this.
I need a new set of waterproof gloves but your experance of them is poles appart from young Billbo's
Old 23-09-13, 05:53 PM   #16
Bibio
Mega Poster

i have done around 9,000 miles with mine now and cant fault them one bit. they have been a bit sweaty in the blistering heat we have had this year bit i still wore them. i have cold hands and only once have my hand been truly cold thought the time i have worn them but i don't do 'winter conditions' and when i do it's on with the heated gloves. they have never leaked. leather is starting to fade here and there but i would expect that.

one other thing i would say is that my hands start to cramp towards the end of a good day out as they are a wee bit bulky compared to summer gloves but we are talking 300+mile runs.

Savage must have got a duff pair.
Old 23-09-13, 07:40 PM   #17
savage86

I'm waiting on mine to be returned currently with rukka getting repaired. Up until the rip thought they were great never leaked even in some heavy heavy downpours. Probably wont get much use out of them when they return as it's getting a bit chilly for them i'd reckon especially in the morning run to work. I really have missed them over the past weeks as i've had to resort to my buffalo winter jobbies that leave you with that damp smell on the hands they're that old and worn but they still do the job.
Looking forward to my reunion will let you know on what the word from rukka is when I get them back.
Old 05-05-15, 05:28 AM   #18
Bibio
Mega Poster

13000 mile update.

gloves are still waterproof but i have cleaned and waxed them with nikwax products before getting chucked in the cupboard for the winter. the lining is just starting to move away from two of the finger tips but is no great hassle and much much better than pulling out a whole glove full with other supposed waterproof gloves.

lets put this in perspective a little for their worth, after 13k miles these gloves have stayed completely waterproof but are now starting to come apart a little inside and what has this cost me overall so far? well at the price i got them about £0.0075p a mile, if they had been full price about £0.013 a mile but the comfort and the waterproof has been priceless. i think the end of this season will see them pretty much burgred. will i be buying a another pair at full RRP when the time comes.. ooohhh yesssss indeed.

when the time comes i might just take the lining and padding out them and use them as summer gloves as the leather/gore is still in great condition and use the new ones for spring/autumn.

one more thing i forgot to say is that i have cut the wrist straps off as they were pizzing me off having to undo and fasten them every time i put the gloves on and off.