SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-05-06, 01:19 PM   #1
Hooligan

Default Various Running Problems - Solutions - Curvy SV

Over the year and =half ive had my bike, ive come across a number of problems which will make your bike run like crap.

When your bike is running like crap check the following:-

Little nipple which goes over the vacume nipple on the front carb where you put the vacume guages onto - Becomes perrished and starts sucking in air, causing popping and running problems,

Side Stand spring becomes loose and strethced over the years and causes the side stand to flop down and cuts your bike out because the switch is not getting pushed in by the stand because it is loose.

Bike running on one cylinder - Could be because the front plug is wet, but what i found out was the HT coil for the front cyclinder had green corrosion on the terminals making it not work.

Just thought id share my problems with you and solutions with you.
Old 05-05-06, 02:13 PM   #2
Terence

Thanks Hooligan, I'll check those on my bike this weekend as part of my planned TLC session
Old 05-05-06, 08:45 PM   #3
BILLY

Me too!!!!!