SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 21-07-10, 09:39 PM   #1
MR UKI (1)

Default Suzuki given exemption from limited engine rules

MCN (i know, i know!) i reporting that Suzuki have been allowed to have more than the 6 engines for the entire season stipulated in the rules. Bautista is on his 5th already!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...ne-allocation/
Old 22-07-10, 07:56 PM   #2
chilli

Default Re: Suzuki given exemption from limited engine rules

Interesting (if true). Isn't Lorenzo already on no.4? Maybe it would give Yam argument if he looks like he's going to toast six before season's end...

On a side note if I blow up my SFV does that mean I'll get another to get me through the season?
Old 22-07-10, 11:46 PM   #3
ryangarside

rossi has a slight advantage here as hes missed what is it 3 or 4 gp's? so his engines havnt been getting worn so his engines towards the end of the year wil probably be slightly higer tuned as thye dont need to last as long. not sure if itl make much difference, just a thought
Old 23-07-10, 12:07 AM   #4
ranathari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangarside View Post
rossi has a slight advantage here as hes missed what is it 3 or 4 gp's? so his engines havnt been getting worn so his engines towards the end of the year wil probably be slightly higer tuned as thye dont need to last as long. not sure if itl make much difference, just a thought
His engines have been used by the test rider who's filled in for him, so he doesn't have much of an advantage.
Old 23-07-10, 12:42 AM   #5
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranathari View Post
His engines have been used by the test rider who's filled in for him, so he doesn't have much of an advantage.
Oh come on! The test rider didn't really tax those engines!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-10, 01:25 AM   #6
ryangarside

apparently he wasnt classsed as riding rossis bike even though it was his bike. so that guy (forgot his name) used hsi own engines not rossis so his engines havnt been used apparently.
Old 26-07-10, 07:51 AM   #7
The Basket

I have the feeling Suzuki are in MotoGP for the sake of it rather than for glory.

There was reports that Suzuki were going to throw in the towel when Kawasaki left but stayed in...Kevin Schwantz and all that.

Feel sorry for Capirossi...his glory days are over.
Old 13-08-10, 05:51 PM   #8
bengrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Basket View Post
I have the feeling Suzuki are in MotoGP for the sake of it rather than for glory.

There was reports that Suzuki were going to throw in the towel when Kawasaki left but stayed in...Kevin Schwantz and all that.

Feel sorry for Capirossi...his glory days are over.
I feel bad for Hoppo, thought Hopper and Luke skywalker... I mean Vermulen where getting somewhere.