SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-06-13, 05:30 PM   #1
veenee

Default New type of Nitron shocks.

I am not sure if it was discussed before, but Nitron not long ago introduced new type of shocks - NTR Street.

It is a bit cheaper than Sport version, I am not sure what exactly the difference is though...
Old 10-06-13, 06:16 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: New type of Nitron shocks

hhhmmm according to their blurb this and the sport are no longer hight adjustable.

i wonder if they still do one offs like mine.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 08:19 PM   #3
veenee

Default Re: New type of Nitron shocks

So you're saying that you can adjust more than preload and compression/rebound? I thought length was 'decided' when they built the shock to your order?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 10-06-13, 09:23 PM   #4
haggis

Default Re: New type of Nitron shocks.

I've just fitted a Nitron Sport shock on the Tuono last month. It is adjustable for preload, combined rebound/compression 24click adjustment and ride height. So far, so good, but other than the GM rideout, I've not used it.

As I understand it, the street version is preload only, but is set up to your specific needs.
ie. They shim the damping, set spring rate according to your bike, your weight, your riding style. Whether they add ride height to this list, I'm not sure.
Old 10-06-13, 09:45 PM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm same as Haggis but i had them put a shorter body on mine to reduce the hight of the shock coz i'm a short arzzz.. lol at the time they charged no more than the standard price for making it custom to my requirements i also got a black spring at no extra charge.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 09:52 PM   #6
AJC

Hmm cant get the street version for my bike but rather interested in the sport one which is a little cheaper than i thought they were. Just one thing though if you give pillion weight I assume they set it up as if your always carrying a pillion? So best to just say rider weight and adjust when taking a pillion?

I don't know much about suspension, can you tell?
Old 11-06-13, 07:05 AM   #7
veenee

That is how I understand it, so shock is set up for you and then you adjust it when you carry a pillion - if you can be bothered, of course

I just had Sport shock installed in my SV, have to investigate if length adjustment is there - but I don't think so. Bike is higher after install, which is not a problem but it would be perfect if it was the same as before.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 11-06-13, 07:46 AM   #8
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Ach. The biggest thing with the SV shocks is getting the length right to sort the anti-squat out... on the curvy it needs a shedload of increase.
Old 11-06-13, 08:02 AM   #9
haggis

Veenee, does yours look like this?
The anodized blue ring is the comp/reb adjuster and the two locknuts below that adjust ride height.

You can only adjust height whilst its disconnected from your dogbone links of course! Slacken the locknuts first, disconnect shock, rotate lower end rosejoint (or fork on sv, ISTR) - up to lower ride, down to increase. Re-connect, tighten locknuts. HTH.

Last edited by haggis; 11-06-13 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-06-13, 08:09 AM   #10
haggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC View Post
Hmm cant get the street version for my bike but rather interested in the sport one which is a little cheaper than i thought they were. Just one thing though if you give pillion weight I assume they set it up as if your always carrying a pillion? So best to just say rider weight and adjust when taking a pillion?

I don't know much about suspension, can you tell?

You have a pm sir!