SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 29-06-08, 10:00 PM   #11
plowsie

Default Re: Anyone seen A Falco on the track.

I think Blue has showed that any bike can be very easily made an able bike on track and used as a good track weapon (even with a clip-on spinning around the fork into corners )

If you feel capable enough to throw it around on track and feel comfortable, give it a go. You don't need mods to go fast either
Old 01-07-08, 01:44 AM   #12
lukemillar
Mega Poster

There was a Falco rider in my pit garage on my last trackday. We were in different groups so I don't know what he was like, but with most bikes on trackdays, it is the rider that makes the difference!

My track preference would be small and light, which is why I'm not too keen on the 1L twins or 4's! (I sat on a Falco at the weekend - It felt huge!!) Doesn't mean it isn't capable though.
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-08, 10:10 AM   #13
punyXpress
Mega Poster

The July RIDE has a write-up on Falco & mentions use on track.
ps: also have 5 copies of PB ( big bang articles ) for you when we meet up
punyXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-08, 11:08 AM   #14
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by punyXpress View Post
The July RIDE has a write-up on Falco & mentions use on track.
ps: also have 5 copies of PB ( big bang articles ) for you when we meet up
Squires this Wed? Ill be there. Check out the pennine massive bit for meet ups etc

As for wollowing around. The rear shock is a lot poor as standard but the rest is the same as RSV kit. It probably is a bit big. But to be fair I suppose it wasnt ever a track bike. Its a sporty road bike that you can tour on.

Ill probably keep it for the road and when I get rich get a SP-1/2 or RSV maybe... or just play safe for bits and stuff and go ss600. Well see.

What about RSV's and SP's on the track? Heavy I guess?
Old 01-07-08, 11:32 AM   #15
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
As for wollowing around. The rear shock is a lot poor as standard but the rest is the same as RSV kit. It probably is a bit big. But to be fair I suppose it wasnt ever a track bike. Its a sporty road bike that you can tour on.
It was just a jab mate, like any bike if the suspenders are sorted it will make a great track tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Ill probably keep it for the road and when I get rich get a SP-1/2 or RSV maybe... or just play safe for bits and stuff and go ss600. Well see.

What about RSV's and SP's on the track? Heavy I guess?
SP2's and RSV's are great on track, so is the TL1000R (which I have) which comes as a surprise to many people! If its a track tool only then you can dump most of the weight with is road stuff anyway. I know you are a fan of the Twins so why not go for a big twin, don't go common on us and get an IL4 mate!!!
Old 01-07-08, 02:43 PM   #16
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post

SP2's and RSV's are great on track, so is the TL1000R (which I have) which comes as a surprise to many people! If its a track tool only then you can dump most of the weight with is road stuff anyway. I know you are a fan of the Twins so why not go for a big twin, don't go common on us and get an IL4 mate!!!
ha ha. Yea your right. TL's are pretty cheap too. See what is about when I get my life sorted... Might be some time though . Could even get a high milage crash repairable Falco for dirt cheap.... Like £1000. Wooo.
Old 01-07-08, 02:53 PM   #17
petevtwin650

A guy I know rode his Brown Falco on plenty of track days. He was about 6ft7ins tall so didn't fit too well on a Gsxr etc. Spent loads of money and I mean loads. Ohlins, Marchesini, Galfer etc. But he binned it big several times and has finally got a Mille.

TBH no reason why your Falco shouldn't be any bit as good, if not better than my 996.
Old 01-07-08, 03:46 PM   #18
Razor

The Flaco should be cheap to fix if you bin it. The clocks come from a 1980's Datsun don't they?
Old 01-07-08, 05:10 PM   #19
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The clocks come from a 1980's Datsun don't they?
Ha,ha,ha.... very true!!!
Old 02-07-08, 09:49 AM   #20
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The Flaco should be cheap to fix if you bin it. The clocks come from a 1980's Datsun don't they?
Erm. Did they rev to 12,000 RPM? I wondered why the rev counter goes that high. But no not cheap There arnt many suppliers.

Well I have hear of a couple of people who have done a lot. There is one guy who has all trick bit and a nice 1060cc engine cheers to boring out which gives him 135bhp at the back wheel and 85ft-lb torque and apparently only the tuned IL4's get him... on the streight bits.