SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 15-10-07, 11:01 PM   #1
King Kong

Default What really happend to West Coast Suzuki...

I posted this a while ago on the Suzuki Owners Club, i thought some of you guys might be interested to know what happened to West Coast Suzuki (now called West Coast Superbikes)

Like to know a lot of you guys feel the same as I do about West Coast Suzuki, everything he tells is lies, I have been involved in the bike game for many years still am and therefore want to remain anonymous, but here is the truth about what happened at West Coast Suzuki.
A few years back the management from West coast Riders (aprilia and kawaski) were approached by a multi millionaire who wanted to assist in expanding their business, talks of buying North Harbour were shelved when the chance of a super new Suzuki showroom in the existing WCR building was made possible KTM and BMW (maybe Yamaha) were going to move into the middle section and everyone was going to be happy.
WCR made plans planning permission, franchise building works etc all done in the name of WCR directors but this Chinese multimillion-liar was going to pay for the work and underwrite the credit to stock the showroom.
The work was completed but the builders weren’t paid WCRs credit line was affected and they had to pay because the "inland revenue had tied up the money" so says the million-liar, so WCS opened at the expense of WCR all the bikes were also underwrote by WCR directors but the million-liar was going to pay once his millions were freed up.
A row between a Suzuki rep and a WCR director was reported back as the franchise was going to be pulled unless the WCR director had no more involvement in the business, the million-liar now had the free run of the shop but had no workshop because the WCR directors owned the building and refused to let him build a workshop until he paid rent or bought the building.
WCR were still out money (£200k) and recognised that a WCS failing would mean the money was never going to come if WCS failed so all workshop was being done in WCR ( the guys WCR directors family weren't too enthusiastic about it and often put WCS work on a backburner leaving the million-liar to deal with customers problems and explain why he had no workshop etc, not very nice for the customers concerned but if you were being shafted by someone you wouldn't do them any favours would you.
Tony the tiger McHale was brought in from Victor Devine and insisted that all bikes having a pre delivery inspection by WCR did not have things like brake pads greased cables greased etc, the bikes were brought out of the crate battery charged filled with petrol and put on the road ( a PDI is a 140 point checklist Tony wanted about five things checked as "the customer will report anything wrong and we will pick it up at first service").
Eventually and after changing lawyers three times and WCS being in operation for over two years without the apparent owner every paying a penny in setup costs, the Chinese million-liar bought the building and paid the back rent to the WCR directors over £800k, everyone in WCR at this point had lost interest in all things to do with the bike trade.
Once the WCR directors had their money they phoned GE capital who all the new bikes were leased through and withdrew their guarantee. The millionliar now had to put up his own guarantee to keep the bikes in the showroom, not only did he not give the guarantee but he failed to make payments to the GE account, this resulted in GE removing all bikes and making a loss on the account. A condition of having a Suzuki franchise is that you must have a GE account, once this was withdrawn Suzuki pulled the franchise, only because of the GE account not because of bad service or anything else.
Million-liar was now building his new workshop and working on the bikes on his own premises, WCR were now paying him rent (although they forgot to pay) Everyone at WCR was scunnerred about the situation, James and Paddy were advised to find a job elsewhere, in January this year James left and WCR was prepared for closure Paddy was fully informed at this point that closure was happening all bikes were returned to owners no new orders or payments for parts etc were taken and WCR closed with only one creditor, WCS.
The directors of WCR were ready for retirement but wanted to hand a viable business over to other people interested in running it instead everyone was pig sick of the little liar and the full situation that they all wanted out.
Since then WCR directors have been advised that they can get any sort of account with GE if they decide to start up again. WCS have no chance of a GE account and therefore cannot hold a franchise with Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Triumph Ducati Aprilia this left the only importer who does not deal with GE being (Three Cross) the only people that WCS can deal with.
If you are interested in an MV or Cagiva bear in mind that Tony the tosspot McHale decided that a PDI should be a cursory glance and not a full 140 point inspection.

Super Ago (or Stevie as I used to call you) you are deluding yourself that because you pop in for a chat and people are nice to you that WCS value anyone who walks through the door, you are impressed by the nice showroom and nice bikes far too much to have any knowledge of bikes or customers. The million-liar only wants you to spout your pish so that people come into his shop.
To anyone who's bike was affected by this dispute between two dealers which WERE sister companies but fell out spectacularly I will do something that Steve Kong would never do and apologise, it may not mean much but the work was put on a back burner because we were dealing with WCR customers and not too bothered by WCS customers, WCR paid the wages and they got the loyalty. Sorry.
Just read through this and it sounds a bit like a sob story, I phoned the director of WCR last night and he seemed quite happy he wanted to retire at 60 and liquidate his assets in his building, he was 61 when he sold the building and closed WCR so he is quite happy, he is also happy at Steve kong being left with a huge building, no rental income (which he wouldn't / couldn't have bought the building without) and a p*ss poor franchise that he is never going to be able to make work.

Thanks for listening, i hope it has cleared up a few matters.
King Kong
Old 15-10-07, 11:46 PM   #2
-Ralph-

Default Re: What really happend to West Coast Suzuki...

Sorry, I gave up half way through...

Welcome to the site anyway!!
Old 15-10-07, 11:59 PM   #3
on yer bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Sorry, I gave up half way through...

Welcome to the site anyway!!
You made it half way through.. bloody hell you are good. Me, I gave up after reading the first few paragraphs.

on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-07, 12:05 AM   #4
instigator

Well if you were under the illusion that they were good dealers then you might want to read a bit more.

P.S Hello.
Old 16-10-07, 12:15 AM   #5
on yer bike

When they offered me £2000 for a excelent condition 2006 sv650s...

That I've just had valued at £3400 for it in scrap form (after an accident) from my insurance. I don't need to read it to know that they aren't the best of the bunch

on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-07, 05:57 AM   #6
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

TBH although there are a few back-up posts, I really think that its out of order for someones 1st post to be a rant against someone, especially when the business in question is no longer trading.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

David

█╬╬╬╬(•)iŻi▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-07, 10:16 AM   #7
Beaniebike

They are still trading - just called west Coast Suzuki now. No longer Suzuki Franchise. To be honest, I got my bike from them, as did other half, and we have had no problems at all. I'm sorry that you have. I don't particularly have a probelm with you posting your rant (even although it is your first post). However, I do have a problem with the fact that you're being anonymous. Especially when you have no problems naming individuals who work there. At least have the decency to stand up and be counted. It's just not right to make such a public outburst when you're not prepared to go public yourself.
Old 16-10-07, 11:02 AM   #8
husky03
Mega Poster

so was it this post that was removed by the soc forum mods then?

oh and welcome
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-07, 11:18 AM   #9
Tiger 55

Tony McHale used to service my GT550 when Scotbike were in Otago Street (did I mention I'm old?) and has worked on every Kwak, BMW and Triumph I've ever owned and I've never had one problem.

So it's trust Tony or trust Mr Anonymous Sob Story...

Ahoy by the way!