SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-01-06, 05:35 PM   #1
buckstone

Default Help - running on 1 cylinder

Haven't used my SV for 10 days - it's been tucked up warm and dry in the shed while I've been working away.

Decided to take it to work today, but it sounded a bit rough. I thought it would improve once it warmed up, but as soon as I set off it was obvious it was only running on one. The strange thing is - it's the back one that's not firing !!!!

I took the seat and tank off to have a look at the plug. My socket won't fit in, but the lead and the recess are bone dry.

Any ideas on what it could be ? I fitted a Hamicad before I went away and haven't ridden it since. The connectors under the pillion seat all look fine (not sure there's anything ignition related there anyway ........

I'm keen to get it sorted tonight, as it's going for it's 1st service in the morning !!!! 595 miles and it's not running right - may have to get delivered to the garage coutesy of the RAC.

Any help would be much appreciated.
buckstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-06, 10:26 PM   #2
Cloggsy

Default Re: Help - running on 1 cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckstone
may have to get delivered to the garage coutesy of the RAC.
Do that Let them sort it out... Bloody dealers
Old 21-01-06, 08:46 AM   #3
Moo

Get the dealer to sort itif its only just in to its first service.
Old 23-01-06, 05:55 PM   #4
buckstone

Found the problem. It was the rear coil that was broken (a bit unusual at 600 miles ...). If it happens to you it could be the same thing.

Trouble is, because I live in quite a remote area and the local bike shop isn't a Suzuki dealer, they didn't have one in stock. So, instead of a couple of hours, it's off the road for 4/5 days until it comes in.
buckstone is offline   Reply With Quote