SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

EuroTour An area to discuss potential European trips, and to ask advice about long distance touring.

Old 25-09-08, 04:19 PM   #1
stewie

Default Trip to Ireland

Am thinking of going to Ireland next year for this http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...al-790828.html and was wondering if anyone has used p&o ferries out of liverpool to dublin ? its only at the rough planning stages yet so may not happen, apparently tickets for tedfest 3 are going on sale in late november. Its a week long festival of humour centred around the late great father ted, anyway thought Id pick a few brains and advertise it happening as well.
Old 25-09-08, 06:47 PM   #2
t18con.

Default Re: Trip to Ireland

never used p and o from dublin, from belfast they are first class. beware dublin drivers though!!! and bring plenty of cash, the south is very expensive.
Old 14-01-09, 03:36 AM   #3
davepreston

as a paddy ive used both many times and if i were you i'd go belfast far better,as for when you get there so much to see and do the other good bit is you can get from the most northern point of ni to the most southern point in the roi in 4 1/2 hours and thats taking it easy. if you want to know ought else give me a shout
Old 15-01-09, 12:22 AM   #4
Tilt

Always used Holyhead for Dublin. Have used Stranraer for Belfast once and since then used Holyhead > Dublin then driven to Belfast from Dublin.

Came back Cork to Cardiff once............... never again.

For work, flights to Belfast from Brum are now so cheap I always fly and hire/taxi these days