SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-05-09, 01:29 AM   #1
Baph

Default Paranoid android nation...

I'm sorry, but really, what is this country coming to?

Quote:
A police force is urging members of the public to report anyone wearing a suspiciously large amount of 'bling' during the recession.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090512/...g-dba1618.html

So basically, if speed cameras don't get you, your neighbour might!
Old 14-05-09, 02:13 AM   #2
Jamiebridges123

Default Re: Paranoid android nation...

This is just... seriously.. WHAT ON EARTH?????

I've noticed alot of this recently... it's just this whole "shoot first ask questions later" mindset of utter political correctness and lack of faith in the people... I mean.. ehh... FROM THE POLICE NO LESS... Then again they drive Vauxhall Astra 1.7cdti's they have to be ****ed.

I'm starting to want to vote for the BNP.
Old 14-05-09, 05:04 AM   #3
MiniMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiebridges123 View Post
This is just... seriously.. WHAT ON EARTH?????

I've noticed alot of this recently... it's just this whole "shoot first ask questions later" mindset of utter political correctness and lack of faith in the people... I mean.. ehh... FROM THE POLICE NO LESS... Then again they drive Vauxhall Astra 1.7cdti's they have to be ****ed.

Gotta ask, where does political correctness come into this one? I mean, I know it seems to get hung on everything as the cause of all evil but this one?

"Shoot first ask questions later" - I presume you mean how it's impossible to judge people from outward appearances - the presence of "bling" is about as reliable an indicator of criminal intent as..... oooh the colour of their skin. You then go on to suggest that the solution to this might be to vote for a party who's publicly stated goal, actually in their manifesto, is to "stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948"

Sorry for the early de-rail Baph On track, on the story - great, it's my local constabulary. Not sure Gloucestershire Police quite has a handle on bling. Round here that equates to gold rims on your Massey Ferguson.
Old 14-05-09, 09:13 AM   #4
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

that has honestly made me think twice about buying some beowulf warrior cans. My neighbour might report me for having too much spare cash and then before I know it, I'll be sectioned under the hilarious recession act 2009...

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-09, 09:18 AM   #5
Thingus

Quote:

What made you want to vote for the BNP? Are all non-sensical rules created by or are the fault of all non whites? lal...
Old 14-05-09, 09:25 AM   #6
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:

ban the gheys while we're at it... and call off pancake day...

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-09, 08:39 PM   #7
Jamiebridges123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
Gotta ask, where does political correctness come into this one? I mean, I know it seems to get hung on everything as the cause of all evil but this one?

"Shoot first ask questions later" - I presume you mean how it's impossible to judge people from outward appearances - the presence of "bling" is about as reliable an indicator of criminal intent as..... oooh the colour of their skin. You then go on to suggest that the solution to this might be to vote for a party who's publicly stated goal, actually in their manifesto, is to "stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948"

Sorry for the early de-rail Baph On track, on the story - great, it's my local constabulary. Not sure Gloucestershire Police quite has a handle on bling. Round here that equates to gold rims on your Massey Ferguson.
Yes I wasn't quite making sense at whatever time in the morning.

I mean that just because someone wears alot of bling does not make it constitute to report them..

And no I would never vote for the BNP that was a mistype. *runs away*
Old 14-05-09, 11:11 PM   #8
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Utter muppets.

Then again the whole "report anybody you think is a terrorist" thing is reminiscent of... dare I say it... is it too cliched ... am I bored of saying it yet? ... Oh f##k it...

Old 14-05-09, 11:15 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
...dare I say it... is it too cliched ... am I bored of saying it yet? ... Oh f##k it...

It was a prophetic tale of things to come for humanity and we seem to have walked right into his dire visionf or us. No need to call him cliched tho, lol
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-09, 11:17 PM   #10
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

better not smile too often then

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 14-05-09 at 11:20 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote