SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-08-05, 05:17 PM   #1
valleyboy

Default Complaints about Insurance company>> I need help!

Right... Im now in a world of stress!

I have taken out an insurance policy through Biketeam.. no problems there.. I have to provide proof of no claims bonus etc...

So here is where the difficulty begins!

Motorcycle Direct wont give it.........

I have been told that there are only 2 ways to actualy bugger up your NCB thingy.. by my brothers missus ( who works in insurance, and by staff at Biketeam.. which have been very helpful in the situation so far )
which is:
1) Make a claim against your own insurance
2) Somebody else makes a claim against your insurance

Now back in February, my bike was driven into while parked.. 3rd party admited liability etc etc.... I wasnt on bike at the time.. so no arguments with whos fault at all..
bike was (eventualy.. 2 months later) fixed.. as I was 3rd Party Fire & Theft at the time.....

Now, when trying to get my NCB thingy off of Motorcycle direct, they say they cant give it to me.. even though none of the two above happened...

Im now left with my new insurers threatening to cancel my policy.. Which is a buger.. as I wil loose money etc
though I havent claimed against my previous policy, or had no one claim against me either.......

So I assumed I was entitled to it (foolish me ehh ??)

So what the heck do I do ??
I phone up and get the feeling that I am being sent in circles by motorcycle direct.. as they keep on saying the claim is still outstanding on my policy.. even though I have a letter off of AXA the underwriters saying they wouldnt have anything to do with it, as I was only TPFT

I have been in contact with Bikers Legal Defence.. who handled the hire bike, repairs etc.. and they are still chasing the bike hire costs..

But as none of this went on my insurance, surely it shouldnt have any effect on whether or not MCD can provide me with my NCB.. as 1) or 2) havent happened...

Im now at the point where I want to do several times!

And will start writing a letter of complaint ASAP.. as I do not have the time to chase all this around constantly

Any help / views would be helpful!! ta!
Old 10-08-05, 05:35 PM   #2
Carsick

Have you had a renewal offer from MCD? That usually has details of your NCB on it. I didn't even talk to my previous company, just sent that letter onto the new ones.
Old 10-08-05, 06:24 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

First you need to go through the company's formal complaints procedure. It's quite a good idea to say at this point "I hope we can reach an amicable agreement at this point, however if not I am prepared to take the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman". Because that's what you do next if they still refuse.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-05, 09:23 PM   #4
Ed

I'd write to the MD. Complain like stink, threaten to give them a bad press on forums like this one, and tell them that unless it's sorted within 7 days you'll complain to the General Insurance Standards Council and hold them (ie the old insurer) responsible for any losses. Look up GISC on Google.
Old 10-08-05, 09:30 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

...and you'll find out there's no such thiing any more GI's covered by the FSA now. But it's much the same principles.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-05, 09:45 PM   #6
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
...and you'll find out there's no such thiing any more GI's covered by the FSA now. But it's much the same principles.
I was just waiting to see if you'd spot the deliberate mistake
Old 11-08-05, 06:40 AM   #7

This is going to sound a bit daft.. but have you tried ringing again... the attitude i got varied an awful lot between operator to operator, and when i wanted my NCB proof, they sent it with no problems.

although mcd were crapo and i moved to cia,

Hope you get it sorted,

Alex
Old 11-08-05, 12:29 PM   #8
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

just renewed mine...put on form I had NCB with carole Nash- now with ebike

got a cover note pending confirmation of NCB- then e bike sought NCB themselves ...and CN gave it to them- no probs- and I had a third party fault claim !

maybe its just individuals..try again give them another call and be reallly nice.!!! right from the off- they must get folk complaining all the time-

my wife works in insurance and says its natural that if someone calls and starts out aggressive and says "right I am not comin off hte phone until this is sorted!" it gets her back up straight away and although she should stay impartial , she is human.!!
so give em another call and try and get their empathy.
Old 11-08-05, 04:06 PM   #9
Longshotmojo

Your problem is with MCD/Axa. Get MCD to check if the claim has been closed for file purposes only with Axa, if so then they should allow your NCB. Axa may have the file open awaiting a claim from the TP, but shouldnt do as your bike was parked
Call MCD or Axa claims and as Quiff says try and get their sympathy
Old 11-08-05, 06:58 PM   #10
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

I think your problem with your ncb not being released is that the claim
is still classed as open with axa as you have informed them of the accident when it happened and they will leave open for up to 12 months in case the third party make a claim.
What you need is a letter from your legal team advising that the third party have admitted liability or a letter from the third party admitting liability, if you then send this to your insurance brokers and also to axa claims they will then hopefully close the claim file and release your bonus
as they know you can't cliam from them for damage as you were had tpft
cover.

Mrs Quiff