SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 29-11-06, 11:00 PM   #1
SVB

Default Delete Charity Ball

Let me make things easy for ya admin 2 Delete the post

As this event concerns bikers from all forms of biking I thought that it would fair to open it to all and not just a few. As you do not see fit to allow your membership to decide as I was mistaken and thought that it was a forum for all.

If you had taken the time to check your records it would show that I had been a member for about two weeks it just happens that the ball has come up now.

So make it easy for your self Delete the original post CHARITY SUMMER BALL

Old 29-11-06, 11:03 PM   #2
Davido

Old 29-11-06, 11:13 PM   #3
Ping

Well someone's gusset's in a twist...

It's common courtesy to check that it's ok to advertise 'whatever'. No matter how good the cause.

Let's look at it this way... Every charity who thinks you might be in favour of them comes up to your house and sticks their stickers on your window. You get up one morning and can't see out your window for all the stickers.

And none of them were polite enough to ask you.

Same goes here. This may be the internet but manners are still expected.

Sorry you appear to feel you've been hard done by.

Edit: But I WILL point out that we didn't delete your original thread as soon as it appeared without consent. How odd.

Old 29-11-06, 11:19 PM   #4
Davido

I stand by my comment.

LEARN ME A BOOK.

That is all.

Old 29-11-06, 11:40 PM   #5
the_runt69

Quote:
If you had taken the time to check your records it would show that I had been a member for about two weeks it just happens that the ball has come up now.
Funny it was your first post though, not even an intro in the newbie section

Old 29-11-06, 11:47 PM   #6
SVB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_runt69
Quote:
Funny it was your first post though, not even an intro in the newbie section
If I had found the newbie section first I would have done the intro thing as well no probs

Old 29-11-06, 11:52 PM   #7
Ping

In general there used to be something that said newbies can introduce themselves here... There've been some site changes lately so I think that text has possibly been lost somewhere...

We sound a bit horrible in this thread...

We love newbies. But if you're just here to advertise 'whatever' and you don't bother introducing yourself, even regular members ask if it's ok to advertise their respective charities - it just looks like you're here for one thing and it's not about being part of our community.

Can you see what I'm saying at all?

Edit:
Ahah! The text is still there for Idle Banter:

*yadda* Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-11-06, 12:02 AM   #8
SVB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping
In general there used to be something that said newbies can introduce themselves here... There've been some site changes lately so I think that text has possibly been lost somewhere...

We sound a bit horrible in this thread...

We love newbies. But if you're just here to advertise 'whatever' and you don't bother introducing yourself, even regular members ask if it's ok to advertise their respective charities - it just looks like you're here for one thing and it's not about being part of our community.

Can you see what I'm saying at all?

Edit:
Ahah! The text is still there for Idle Banter:

*yadda* Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

I can see where ya coming form but having Just bought a 05 SV1000 for a track bike thought it would be a good starting point for it

Still think I sould have got a 650 as the thou ha a bucket load of grunt way to down the revs

Old 30-11-06, 01:31 AM   #9
Ping

Good starting point? Where did you start apart from advertising your charity?

Your choice of track bike is commendable but the discussion on preferences/best choices generally happen in bikes, talk& issues.

Old 30-11-06, 01:44 AM   #10
anna
Mega Poster

well hello and welcome to the site.
Closed Thread