SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-08-05, 01:05 PM   #1
johndo

Default SV660S KI RADIATOR GRILL

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ONE TO FIT ???
johndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 10:08 AM   #2
Partsboy

Default El Cheapo Radiator grill

After being quoted NZ$200.00 for a custom fit radiator grill that looked like it would have served better as a ventilated oven tray I made a grill for my SV650K4 out of black metal radiator diagonal mesh available from local automotive accessory shop for $40.00. It took me about an hour to fabricate using only side cutters & eyechrometer. Grill is retained by the screws that hold on aluminium trim on side of the radiator. I had to trim the black plastic flap that hands down under the steering stem to stop it fouling the grill. The result is reasonably smart looking & being black blends in with the radiator so bike retains "original" look which I prefer. I've still got sufficient mesh to make another grill so if you're visiting NZ I'll leave it in my letter box for you.
Old 03-08-05, 12:48 PM   #3
jonboy

There are plenty on Ebay, where I got mine.

Old 03-08-05, 12:53 PM   #4
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Default Re: El Cheapo Radiator grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsboy
eyechrometer

I've got a couple of those, one is better calibrated than the other though.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 03:59 PM   #5
johndo

Default re

its a long way fron Scotland to New Zeland for a cheapo rad grill but thanks. looked at the ones on ebay one says it will fit but looks a bit fancy to be tucked away but not many other options
thank all
johndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-05, 09:29 AM   #6
Partsboy

Did I mention my son knocked my SV off its stand while I was working on my "cheap" radiator grill? He only took out the brake lever & front indicator & I'm sure I'll manage to forget about the thumbnail size graze on the Scorpion can...sometime.