SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-01-05, 04:16 PM   #1
Crackerbunny

Default The great bike-scam wind up (with adult content)

So, for anyone who read my previous post 'Is this a bike scam?'...it was!
This is the first e-mail I received...
I am interested in purchasing your bike and I will like to know the last price if is okay by me. if I can pay with Cheque in U.K funds .If this is okay with you do get back to me immediately for me to arrange the payment. Concerning the shippment, My shipper will come and pick it up from your location as soon as we seal this transaction. Do get back to me immediately with your payment ASAP. Hope to hear from you soon
Best regards,
Santos Tito

I replied with this...testing the water...
Dear Santos,
If you do want to buy it then that would be fine. If you send me a cheque, once it clears in the bank we can arrange for your shipper to collect it. Happy New Year Vicky

Then the confirmation...
Thanks for your mail Vicky West,
Do you want to buy my bike for £2700? ..............YES.
I have contacted my client and he said that since you said the cost of your bike is £2700 and my client says there is no problem about the price, but there is something I will like to tell you that you have to understand that my client is owing me £4200 and he has just issued you a cheque of £6900 which you will be expecting while you deduct your £2700 and wire me back my £4200 via western union money transfer as soon as you receive the cheque I will like you make the transfer of £4200 minus the comission for the transfer of the funds via western union money transfer which I will be using for paying up my client's shipper.After the balance on the cheque has been wired to me I will then instruct my client's shippers to come to your destination to pick up the bike.So let me have your full contact information to where the cheque will be sent to like this.
Name:............
Full address:..........
City:..............
State:............
Postcode:............
Cell telephone number:......
Try to understand.Looking forward to your respond. So i will be expecting your mail soon today and the information of your's.

Best Regards,
Santos, TIto.

Who would like to see my reply???? If I get a response to the mail I sent this guy is not only a crook but a ****...

Here it is...with thanks to the guy in the link from the 1st thread for inspiration

Dear Santos,
That sounds fantastic and I’m really very happy to do this. I’ll send you my details shortly but I just need to tell you a couple of things first so there can be no argument. My bike has some damage on the left hand side where 10 gallons of industrial strength gism was accidentally spilled on it resulting in some crusty man-paste on the body work.
Also, in England SV650s are known as Dirty Minges....do you love dirty Minges? I’d really be happy if you do and would like if it you told me that you loved Dirty Minges.
For your insurance details my number plate is W4 NKER which you should totally understand before we do business.

I really look forward to trading with you soon,
Fondest regards Vicky West
Old 06-01-05, 04:22 PM   #2
Ping

Dunno how that'll go down on this 'family site' but DO let us know if you get a response...

Old 06-01-05, 04:23 PM   #3
Iansv

not my section to decide on the content
Old 06-01-05, 04:23 PM   #4
BaggaZee

Old 06-01-05, 04:24 PM   #5
K

Oh I SO want to hear his reply to that.
Old 06-01-05, 04:24 PM   #6
Crackerbunny

Apologies for not realising it was a family site
Old 06-01-05, 04:27 PM   #7
Flamin_Squirrel

Old 06-01-05, 04:39 PM   #8
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerbunny
Well........if they're old enough to know what is means.................
Old 06-01-05, 04:43 PM   #9
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansv
not my section to decide on the content.
No, that would be me, but I thought it was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerbunny
Errr... Let's not fuss over it just this once eh

The Moderator
, I'll be (at the) back.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 04:54 PM   #10
Ping

I'm not fussing! Just half expected someone to whinge about it bearing in mind recent debates.