SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2007 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2007 SV650.org's bigger & better annual rideout.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-07, 05:07 PM   #1
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default All the details here!!!

the event of the year will be ,
Friday Evening 29th /Saturday 30th June & Sunday 1st July,

Dalesbridge

Austwick

Near Settle

LA2 8AZ

Tel: 015242 51021

Email: info@dalesbridge.co.uk

OS Grid Reference SD 762 676

http://www.dalesbridge.co.uk/camping.htm

The site has been contacted and is expecting bookings under the group name SV650.org, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU MENTION THAT.

The site was visited by a board member (thanks Andy) and his review is below.

I’ve been to the site today & I’m pleased to report it looks like a perfectly good place to hold the annual rideout J

I met with the owner John Beavan who seems a really nice bloke, very friendly & accommodating.

He gave me a guided tour & also showed me several photos of previous groups that they’ve accommodated, including various groups of bikers such as the Fazer, Goldwing & Harley Davidson owners clubs, which leads me to believe he will know exactly what to expect from us & also what a group such as ourselves is likely to need.

I took a couple of photos, which I’ve already uploaded to my photobucket account to save you the trouble & you can link to them when you’re posting the info on the forum.

First photo - and no, I didn’t take this one! lol

The area I’ve circled is the area John intends to set aside for our use. I remember the size of the field we used at AR06 and this one should be more than ample. Access to the field from the main entrance is via the red dotted line that I’ve marked on the photo. However, there is also a gate (marked as ‘1.’ on the photo) leading from the field directly onto a single-track side road, which John says he’s happy for us to use if we need to. The showers & toilets are marked ‘2.’

Next pic is a view of the field from the gate at the top-left corner (John assures me the ‘neighbours’ will be away for the summer so we won’t disturb them! Lol):

He said that they have never had any problems with drainage etc so in June / July the ground should be solid enough for the bikes to be taken onto the field.

Obligatory photo of the showers & toilets:

There are 3 or 4 combined toilet / shower rooms (behind the green doors) and also a separate toilet block (building on the right of the pic). They looked clean & well-maintained.

There is also a separate wash-room behind the showers if we want to wash clothes or any pots / pans that we might use, and there is a drying room near the car park at the main entrance.

I asked about the possibility of holding a barbecue – they have a larges gas-fired catering barbecue which sadly has already been booked by the other group that will be there on the same weekend. However John says they also have a large charcoal barbecue which we can use free of charge, we just need to let him know asap to reserve it for us & then also supply our own charcoal etc.

I asked him about the use of a generator & lights and he says this will be fine as long as it is not running late into the night. Alternatively he can provide a power supply to the field but we would be charged extra for it.

Mobile coverage seems fine, I got full signal while I was there.

Now onto the important stuff… J

As I believe John’s already mentioned to you, the bar on site won’t be available to us as it’s already booked for a function.

However, the nearest pub is in the nearby village of Austwick. I’d say it’s no more than a 10 min walk up a single-track road on the other side of the A65 (my trip counter showed 0.6 miles, door to door).

I called in to the pub & had lunch while I was there (all in the interests of research, you understand) and it seems really nice. It’s small inside but there’s a large area with tables out front & also a beer garden to the rear which, if the weather is good as it should be at that time of year, should be plenty of room for thirsty bikers. The food is good traditional pub food and the portions are generous to say the least - I had a giant Yorkshire pudding with sausages & could only finish about two-thirds of it!

They also do B&B so if anyone wants to attend the AR but can’t live without their creature comforts, they could stay here.

They have 3 double and 1 twin rooms, at £25 per person per night. I took a business card & scanned it in so people can ring them directly to book a room if they wish, but they might have to be pretty quick about it cos there’s competition from all the ramblers that will be staying in the area too.

If they’re fully booked, the local tourist board can probably recommend alternatives, they’re on 01729 825192.

And I think that’s just about it. If I’ve missed anything out drop me a line & I’ll get back to you with the info.

Cheers,

Andy

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Closed Thread