SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-05-10, 12:56 AM   #1
Milky Bar Kid

Default Dave Preston type rant...

Is it just me? Seriously? Is it me? Because not many other people I speak to seem to ever have experienced as much crap that I have in the space of 10 years or so?

I am sick of it. I am fed up of fighting. Just when I think that I am starting to get my head around something that happened 10 years or so ago, something happens and knocks me right back to bloody zero! I appreciate life will never be easy, it makes us who we are but I would like a little bit of...well, relief to just give me a bit of respite and a chance to deal with my ever mounting baggage.

I am not naive enough to think I have had the worst life. I know other have had to put up with much more. BUT why is is that I seem to attract people who are going to do nothing but hurt me? Nothing but betray me and make me feel small and worthless?

Sometimes, like tonight, I wonder, seriously, what is the point? And on nights like this I really am tired of fighting.

I just wanna lie down.
Old 25-05-10, 05:06 AM   #2
BanannaMan

Default Re: Dave Preston type rant...

Aww...sorry hun.
Everyone feels like that at times.
Can't depend on others to make you happy.
As long as you do you'll always be disapointed.
Got to be happy all by yourself no matter what others think or do (or not do).
Learn to cut the losers in your life free. If they aren't worth your time get rid of them. Don't wait till they drag you down because the world is full of them.
And cut the baggage loose as well. The past is in the past. Don't let it ruin the future too.

In short , let go of (get rid of) the bad things, all the bad things in your life and move on. You'll never regret it.
Only you can make you happy. Tomorrow is a brand new day.
The things , the people that drive you crazy, don't deal with them, let them go, leave them in the past.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 25-05-10 at 05:08 AM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-10, 06:15 AM   #3
Dicky Ticker

MBK,60+ years and every time there is a light at the end of the tunnel it is usually another train coming. Afraid that is life and you just have to make the best of it.
No wondrous answer but providing you are doing your best sod the rest and just make life as easy as you can for yourself.Things that may seem important at the time have a way of fading into insignificance with time and not that crucial in the general scheme of things
Old 25-05-10, 07:51 AM   #4
Milky Bar Kid

Oh dear...too much vodka...
Old 25-05-10, 07:54 AM   #5
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Nic....there are certain times when a good rant helps. Hope you are not feeling too bad this morning.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-10, 07:57 AM   #6
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
MBK,60+ years and every time there is a light at the end of the tunnel it is usually another train coming. Afraid that is life and you just have to make the best of it.
No wondrous answer but providing you are doing your best sod the rest and just make life as easy as you can for yourself.Things that may seem important at the time have a way of fading into insignificance with time and not that crucial in the general scheme of things
Depressing but I love that saying, never heard it before... but will use it in future.

MBK chin up my loverly, alkaseltzer the morning in. Then embrace the day, your world is what you make it.
Rather than fighting off the bad, go and seek the good.
Old 25-05-10, 07:58 AM   #7
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Carey View Post
Nic....there are certain times when a good rant helps. Hope you are not feeling too bad this morning.
I recon her head is feeling the brunt of it, shhhhh no loud noises.
Old 25-05-10, 08:07 AM   #8
Milky Bar Kid

I have learned not to play the "how much vodka can I drink using one can of coke" game...
Old 25-05-10, 08:13 AM   #9
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
I have learned not to play the "how much vodka can I drink using one can of coke" game...
You should try the "how much vodka can I drink, before I need a sip of coke" game.

Essential Equipment:
Vodka,
Coke,
Bowl!
Old 25-05-10, 08:19 AM   #10
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
Is it just me? ...

I am sick of it. I am fed up of fighting...

relief to just give me a bit of respite and a chance to deal with my ever mounting baggage...

.BUT why is is that I seem to attract people who are going to do nothing but hurt me? Nothing but betray me and make me feel small and worthless?...

Sometimes, like tonight, I wonder, seriously, what is the point? And on nights like this I really am tired of fighting...

I just wanna lie down.
When I post when I've had a few my typing is interesting and the arguments are incoherent. Your typing is excellent and the arguments do follow, so I don't believe that you had too much to drink.

Isn't it about time to get a grip on your life, dump the baggage, and move on? If you did this and found some friends that you could trust - for starters, there are several very reliable people on here near you - then you wouldn't need to fight. Wouldn't those destructive energies be beter focused in a constructive way?

I've often posted on here about how and why it happened to me and I'm not going to bore everyone now. Suffice to say that I left home for the first time when I was 17. With the benefit of hindsight going back was a mistake but getting that grip and leaving for the second and last time at 21 was not.

BanannaMan's post is spot on. You need to dump the baggage and stop fighting, you will end up an emotional wreck.

Yes it can be hard, very hard, because it has to come from you. But once you've taken the drastic action needed you will find that your self esteem rises enormously. You don't need a bunch of losers on side, so tell them to **** off - and build yourself a new life. You seem to have much to offer, just go and offer it instead of allowing yourself to be a doormat.

And quit the whiny public 'poor me' posts. They make you look weak, ineffective, stupid, one of the losers that seem to be dragging you down. You might think me harsh - but a critic is often your best friend.

None of this is easy, so if you need help, why don't you start off with your GP? They probably have an in house counselling service.