SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 07-10-18, 05:03 PM   #5621
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Haha cool. I missed the end of the auction and it went for £30. GRRRRRR
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 05:22 PM   #5622
Kenzie

That's a shame, I watched it end. I thought would have gone for more.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 06:47 PM   #5623
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Me too, bit of a rubbish time, I go for auctions ending 9pm on a Sunday for maximum audience
Old 07-10-18, 08:04 PM   #5624
Kenzie

I shouldn't keep looking but I can't help it! Going to have to start saving for some higher end gear. Would like to try a Pentagon Six at some point, but I also want to get my Zorki i c serviced at some point. Got a vid in for a lens for it.
Old 07-10-18, 08:43 PM   #5625
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I finished the film in my Konica S and sent it off today with one from the Super A. I have a spreadsheet of cameras and I was looking at it to think about which one to use next. To be honest I have a few favourites and the rest I could sell and not miss. I have a three-way pull between the SLRs, which are easy to frame and use, plus modern features, and even the standard 50mm lenses are very good; then there are the Zeiss Contessas (rigid ones) which are so easy to use but you need a bit of luck to go from a good picture to a great one; and a couple of Japanese entries which have nicer, faster lenses but are bigger and heavier.
Old 07-10-18, 08:53 PM   #5626
Kenzie

You rebuilt the Konica didn't you? Hope the pics come out ok. The camera I seem to shoot the most with is the Perkeo that you serviced. It's sitting in front of me at the moment, just seems right of you know what I mean? The double exposure lock is acting up though but I am only four shots into a roll of 120, so eight more to go before I can unload. What slrs have you got? I think you will really enjoy the OM1 when you get it. I can see why Yoko enjoys the OM2 of you can't be bothered to take a meter reading. I also picked up an Olympus Pen EE along with the Kodak bag, more interested in the Olympus filter that was screwed to the front, apart from that it appears fully functional. Fancy trying half frame? Just don't out a roll of 36 in one! Want to get out and shoot some Soviet glass before Red Oktober runs out!
Old 07-10-18, 09:41 PM   #5627
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yep the Konica had two busted aperture blades. This is (only) the second film I've put through it, but it feels solid and gave some great pictures last time. Forgot about the OM1! Must get my backside in gear. I've got three SLRs, all Pentax: Super A, K2 and MX. The Super A is all electronic (manual focus) and really can do everything. The K2 is similar but auto is aperture priority only, and it doesn't have a split circle, but is a good tool and was quite high spec in its day. The MX is all mechanical with a meter, and is a great camera, smaller and lighter than the K2. All are PK mount, with the Super A having PKA. Know what you mean about ones that feel right, I was just looking at some Contessa pictures, but they just lack something compared to the others, and anything away from the right focal distance just isn't great, even with small apertures.
Old 08-10-18, 04:26 AM   #5628
yokohama

Well, red Oktober is out for me. Shame really as it might have encouraged me to get the Zorki out if I was in the UK.
I still haven't shot any film. Weather is grey as usual so no shadows and the light isn't great. I'll wait for some sunshine or until I escape the city for a day. I did take the OMD out one evening last week for a walk along the river and played around with some night shots. There's lots of illumination and I managed to take a few bridge shots. (put one up in the photo comp)
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-18, 06:16 AM   #5629
Kenzie

If its gloomy Yoko then grab some black and white film.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-18, 11:44 AM   #5630
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Sorry meant to say, I only have the Kiev which has a good lens but I'm not sure I've gelled with it. Half frame - there's an idea, not tried it. You don't need to be fussy about shots with so many available. What is the image quality like? Easy shooting I guess as the shorter focal length has a greater DoF.