SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 03-01-19, 10:51 PM   #5871
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Finally went out for a golden hour walk with my daughter the other evening, while it was still mild. Took my Pentax Super A with Lomo 800 and f1.2 lens to try to grab maximum low light. Going to be a while before seeing the results as it's a 36 exp film! It was nice to just head off for a while though, we were patting some donkeys on the way, and saw her favourite duck.
Today we went up to York for the theatre and a bit of a troll around, took a few more. It's a place where your real problem should be running out of film but I wasn't finding so many things to point my camera at, maybe it's just not what I wanted to see. Kenzie I know you were thinking of going up there, it's a good tourist spot and you'll have more luck than me I'd bet, take a wide angle lens though cos you can't get the minster in 50mm unless you're across town!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 09:13 PM   #5872
yokohama

I think quite a few of my cameras have visited York for film tests. The Minster isn't easy to photograph and it's a problem to find a decent position to either fit it all in or to avoid having lots of tourists in the foreground.
Only 4 days into the year and the lens magpie bit me again.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 09:30 PM   #5873
Kenzie

Well if we do make it up to York I'll make sure to pack the 28mm for an Olympus. Yoko, what did you do?
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 09:46 PM   #5874
yokohama

I seem to have somehow acquired another Yashica lens.
Old 04-01-19, 09:48 PM   #5875
Kenzie

Which one? I've been digging out some point and shoot cameras that will be donated. Doubt anyone here would be interested in any of them. I did find the Minolta 100-200 if you would you be interested Yoko? Don't want anything for it, probably be donated otherwise.

Last edited by Kenzie; 04-01-19 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-01-19, 10:17 PM   #5876
yokohama

The lens is a weird one. 42-70 ML zoom. Not very fast but solid and not much bigger than the standard 50mm.
It gets quite good reviews and will fit nicely on the FX-D as a walk around lens.
If the Minolta 100-200 is a lens, I'll pass thanks; plenty of options in that range. Ebay have a flat rate £1 selling fee coming up Sunday/Monday so it's a good opportunity to try selling surplus stuff.
Old 05-01-19, 07:07 AM   #5877
Kenzie

I can't seem to find any information on that one. It seems to be such an odd zoom range, usually you get 35-70 or 40-80. I have been checking the prices of the gear I'm looking to get rid of and the value is such that it's not worth the effort of selling. I'm still in two minds about the mju ii, I didn't really get on with it but it's pocketable and had a brilliant lens.
Old 05-01-19, 04:14 PM   #5878
yokohama

It is a weird range - a few paces forward or back either side of a 50mm. Someone describes it as a 'framing lens' on one forum.
If you don't fancy the mju, sell it while prices are high and put the money into something you want. With the low value stuff, maybe it's worth bundling it together and selling as a job lot.
I put a battery into my Olympus autozoom 120 and there's a film in there with only 3 exposures used. But, it's a Konica 200asa probably bought in about 1995. Continue with it or take it out and bin it?
Old 05-01-19, 04:34 PM   #5879
Kenzie

You might get some colour shifting and some exposure issues. Lucky dip really, normally with a manual camera you would add an extra stop for every ten years of age. If the camera is reading the dx coding there won't be a lot you can do. Some people like the randomness. All the stuff going is 126,127 and basic point and shoots. Really can't be dealing with them all.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-19, 02:37 PM   #5880
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-came...x-4/1326023578
not sure if the price is wrong but it's way over in Cheshire, a Super Fujica 6 for peanuts. if only.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote