SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

View Poll Results: Who fancies a new group ?
N Wales / Cheshire only 4 10.53%
N Wales / Cheshire / Staffs / Shropshire / Merseyside 30 78.95%
Keep things as they are 1 2.63%
Dont care either way 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-07, 01:41 PM   #101
stewie

Default Re: New group- N Wales/Cheshire +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
Well I was living on the Wirral at the time, and chose ProBikeMCT based at Deeside Leisure Centre (and don't mind giving the guys a plug), because they were the most professional looking school in the area (based on internet research only). That and the fact that I used to work at Deeside (Industrial Park), and so I knew a few of the local roads in that area.

They also had the WHOLE of the rear car park available for CBT, unlike some schools that expect you to learn the basics in an area that you daren't fart in!

And ... I'm too much of a gentleman to enter into any "willy waving" contest ... willy shaving? now that's a different matter
whereabouts on the industrial estate did you work then ?

Old 27-07-07, 01:44 PM   #102
plowsie

I heard Tamworth mentioned can i join ya for a few?

Old 27-07-07, 01:52 PM   #103
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
I heard Tamworth mentioned can i join ya for a few?
No, sod off you!!!

Nah, of course you can, we're not that offensive, anyone's welcome, even if they're outside the area. We won't discriminate just because people live in the wrong place.

Old 27-07-07, 01:55 PM   #104
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
No, sod off you!!!

Nah, of course you can, we're not that offensive, anyone's welcome, even if they're outside the area. We won't discriminate just because people live in the wrong place.
Nope its fine i'll set up my own crew haha just need some friends

Yer i do live in the wrong area i do admit it Count me in for the ideas then peoples

Old 28-07-07, 06:32 PM   #105
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
If you can get a regularly meet up and running then I reckon you're onto a winner section wise
So do we have any ideas about metings then ? how about say a weds night meet, we hit each of the 4 counties plus of course N Wales every couple of weeks. All the area,s are no more than 90 min ride from each other or less. Also what about a name for the new group, I know we havent had the go ahead yet but we have to make some form of plan to make it a viable concern. Obiviously if we get our own section we can discuss things in there rather than on idle banter.

Old 28-07-07, 07:09 PM   #106
markmoto

I luv the mud the farmers spread on the roads at this time of year (Not) Oh and dont mention all year round horse ****!!

Wednesday seems a good night for a meet i know a few other meets that happen in my area on a wednesday night.

As far as a name is concerned my suggestions are something with westside or west coast in there, westcoast svs or v tees that sort of thing.

Old 29-07-07, 06:38 AM   #107
slark01

There's a list of biker friendly pubs on bikepit.com, one in particular comes to mind ( Carrier's Inn, Delamere Road, Norley, FRODSHAM, Cheshire. 01928 788258 ). Situated right next to Hatchmere Lake which is ideal for a cooling dip in Summer. Just up the road is the famous (or should that be notorious?) Switchback Road through Delamere Forest.
As for the name "Westside" sounds too much like a musical group, however I do not have a better idea.

Old 30-07-07, 07:42 AM   #108
Baph

How's anyone fixed this coming wednesday?

Old 30-07-07, 08:12 AM   #109
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I could come, but then I would get me nice clean bike all covered in flies!

Let me know where....
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Old 30-07-07, 08:15 AM   #110
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
I could come, but then I would get me nice clean bike all covered in flies!

Let me know where....
You're getting more like Kwak!!

I might not be online much this week (more on this later ), so you might have to let me know

Closed Thread