SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 18-01-10, 08:52 AM   #251
Skip
Mega Poster

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
And to think Skip tried to kill of this thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2165 View Post
I think it was our usual apathy that killed the thread off.
Sorry Skip, we know you're trying. Can we sticky the thread again, pretty please, we'll try harder honest.
I am worried about stickying it again - you might all lose interest!

I actually made a start cleaning the bike yesterday - looking at it I couldnt remember if the wheels were black or silver - they looked black - a quick wipe with some WD40 and a rag and to my surprise they are silver! Yes my bike was/is that dirty! Took the belly pan off and its encrusted with loads of muck - I have a few things to do to it before it emerges from the garage again so I had better get my finger out and clean it properly first so I can actually work on it!
Old 18-01-10, 09:15 AM   #252
kellyjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Took the belly pan off and its encrusted with loads of muck - I have a few things to do to it before it emerges from the garage again so I had better get my finger out and clean it properly first so I can actually work on it!
You should be ashamed of yourself letting it get to that state, and no, painting the nursery is not an excuse

Now then, your punishment is to write 50 lines of 'To compensate for being a neglectful bike owner, i promise to buy all the teas and butties at the next EAR rideout' and have it on my desk by the end of the day, and let that be a lesson to you
Old 18-01-10, 09:52 AM   #253
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
You should be ashamed of yourself letting it get to that state, and no, painting the nursery is not an excuse

Now then, your punishment is to write 50 lines of 'To compensate for being a neglectful bike owner, i promise to buy all the teas and butties at the next EAR rideout' and have it on my desk by the end of the day, and let that be a lesson to you
Yes Ma'am!

I am going to try and get out to the garage as many evenings as I can - got my large can of WD40 and my toothbrush ready!

To compensate for being a neglectful bike owner, i promise to buy all the teas and butties at the next EAR rideout
To compensate for being a neglectful bike owner, i promise to buy all the teas and butties at the next EAR rideout

Old 18-01-10, 09:54 AM   #254
Mike2165

Cheat - copy and pastings not fair
Old 18-01-10, 09:55 AM   #255
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2165 View Post
Cheat - copy and pastongs not fair
I typed them all out by hand - honest!

Old 18-01-10, 10:10 AM   #256
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I am going to try and get out to the garage as many evenings as I can - got my large can of WD40 and my toothbrush ready!
But after you've finished with those, will you have any time, or energy, to clean the bike, Skip?
Old 18-01-10, 10:24 AM   #257
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
But after you've finished with those, will you have any time, or energy, to clean the bike, Skip?
Damn - you figured out my cryptic message! Did I mention that I wear latex gloves whilst brandishing the toothbrush and WD40??
Old 18-01-10, 10:58 AM   #258
Mike2165

Leaves less mess and feels like someone else with the gloves on, oh nurse!!
Old 18-01-10, 11:02 AM   #259
kellyjo

Stop it now, you're getting me excited
Old 18-01-10, 12:22 PM   #260
speedplay

If skips buying the tea and cakes, I can see a huge turnout on the next ride