SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 13-11-10, 01:38 PM   #1
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Oulton Park 16th Nov £59!!!!

Found it this morning. I'm supposed to be selling the FZR, but at this price,can't resist the temptation
Anybody up for it?
Damn, missed it, its now sold out

Last edited by mister c; 13-11-10 at 02:05 PM.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-10, 06:38 PM   #2
hardhat_harry

Default Re: Oulton Park 16th Nov £59!!!!

Im there with the Thundersport Lads......its gonna be a cracker
Old 15-11-10, 09:49 AM   #3
Whitty

Damn it, I have been hanging on watching weather forecasts thinking not many people would be daft enough to want to do track days in november! I made that mistake in summer and missed out on a few I wanted to do but was keeping an eye on weather till last minute. Have now got a set of spare wheels and wets and santa is bringing me some tyre warmers apparently. Just need a genny then for tracks with no mains facility.
Old 17-11-10, 11:18 PM   #4
hardhat_harry

It was a cracking day!! Trackday was full, punters queueing up at the registration office to pick up any cancellations.

My arrived a bit later than usual as we had a garage reserved which was a bit of a novelty.

There was a few racing SV's and I was sharing the garage with a lad on an ohlins shod curvy which he had just bought. Unfortunatley for him when he started it up the rad sprung a leak. He managed to fix it for the afternoon sessions

Wets were the order of the day with a frosty track which MSV then covered the bad bits with salt (or salt substitute as they did assure some it was non corrosive). Weather was great sunny but cold. First session was a bit late going out due to track conditions and the Novice group was very slow on sighting laps, on the second lap I was hanging back on the straights to have a run into the corners but then found out just how slippy Shell Oils hairpin was oops nearly.

After 3 sighting laps back in.

Next session I tried to get to the back of the grid coz I needed some overtaking practice. Went out track conditions had improved and was flying past loads of people which was a change for me, I think the wets helped. I was only overtaken by 3 people, one guy who was flying on a zx10r. Highlight on the day was catching up to a brand new CBR600RR going into Lodge, nearer still into Dears Leap, he pulled away down the straight but I'm right on the tailpipe into Old Hall and took him down cascades never saw him again the rest of the session, result!!!

Coz of the late start its lunch time, back out again I thought I would arrive late but Im the second at the gate. Out again and I go past the first out of cascades and I have clear track this really is a strange experience. 5 laps gone until someone passes me and Im catching the backmarkers. Got taken again before the flag but usually I would have been swamped by others flying passed so another result.

The other sessions were good too but midpack and neck and arms started to ache still one of the fastest in the group.

I may moved to inters next time er maybe!!!
Old 18-11-10, 06:50 AM   #5
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhat_harry View Post
It was a cracking day!! Trackday was full, punters queueing up at the registration office to pick up any cancellations.

My arrived a bit later than usual as we had a garage reserved which was a bit of a novelty.

There was a few racing SV's and I was sharing the garage with a lad on an ohlins shod curvy which he had just bought. Unfortunatley for him when he started it up the rad sprung a leak. He managed to fix it for the afternoon sessions

Wets were the order of the day with a frosty track which MSV then covered the bad bits with salt (or salt substitute as they did assure some it was non corrosive). Weather was great sunny but cold. First session was a bit late going out due to track conditions and the Novice group was very slow on sighting laps, on the second lap I was hanging back on the straights to have a run into the corners but then found out just how slippy Shell Oils hairpin was oops nearly.

After 3 sighting laps back in.

Next session I tried to get to the back of the grid coz I needed some overtaking practice. Went out track conditions had improved and was flying past loads of people which was a change for me, I think the wets helped. I was only overtaken by 3 people, one guy who was flying on a zx10r. Highlight on the day was catching up to a brand new CBR600RR going into Lodge, nearer still into Dears Leap, he pulled away down the straight but I'm right on the tailpipe into Old Hall and took him down cascades never saw him again the rest of the session, result!!!

Coz of the late start its lunch time, back out again I thought I would arrive late but Im the second at the gate. Out again and I go past the first out of cascades and I have clear track this really is a strange experience. 5 laps gone until someone passes me and Im catching the backmarkers. Got taken again before the flag but usually I would have been swamped by others flying passed so another result.

The other sessions were good too but midpack and neck and arms started to ache still one of the fastest in the group.

I may moved to inters next time er maybe!!!
What bike were you on Harry? I will probably have some pics of you. The CB500 boys were the most entertaining part of the day so took loads of pics of them.
Old 22-11-10, 06:09 PM   #6
hardhat_harry

This one

Old 22-11-10, 08:47 PM   #7
mister c
Mega Poster

Damn, 300 pictures & I didnt take one of you, maybe next time
Old 22-11-10, 11:46 PM   #8
hardhat_harry

On the CB500's did u get any pictures of numbers 83 or 80?
Old 23-11-10, 08:41 AM   #9
mister c
Mega Poster

Got a couple. They aren't the best unfortunately

Old 29-11-10, 02:13 PM   #10
pov

Hi - are the photos from this trackday online anywhere? My bro was there first time out on his new RVF400, just wanna see if anyone snapped him.
pov is offline   Reply With Quote