SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 30-10-08, 01:07 PM   #1
Kilted Ginger

Default Ice Cream Run

Well folks its that time of the year again, Last offical run of the season and the obligatory ice cream. This is the discussion thread.

============================UPDATED=============== =========

Summary of posts in this thread suggest stick with Tradition so St Andrews it is.

Still require a decision for which ice cream parlour to gift with our custom, there are 2 in st andrews Luvians and Jannettas

Then we've got the decision of dates, the first poll was a dead heat so there is a new option, Vote Here

And finally there's the routes, for this i'd suggest a slight change to previous years, historically its been a mid morning meet (late enough to hopefully avoid ice) a nice wee run, ice cream then everyone shoots off in different directions. Hows about this year, 2 or 3 meeting points (for different folks) obviously with different routes to meet at st andrews at a fixed time for ice cream, then a combined run finishing with coffee (or a haggis supper) before splitting off. This can be finalised and formalised later depending on when and where the ice cream will be partaken and where the majority of folks are coming from.

Well that's the ball rolling, discuss....

Please use this thread for discussion and i'll create polling threads (and link them) and an information only thread for all the details.

Come on floks, get involved.

Dates

Last edited by Kilted Ginger; 04-11-08 at 10:31 PM.
Old 30-10-08, 01:39 PM   #2
Quedos

Default Re: Ice Cream Run

as somebody said last year end of season ice cream run is traditionally St Andrews - tho i'm sure not that i've said it it will change
Old 30-10-08, 01:47 PM   #3
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
as somebody said last year end of season ice cream run is traditionally St Andrews - tho i'm sure not that i've said it it will change
Another random post from the abster, resaying what has already been said in the previous post in a slightly different way, you do love the clickity click of your keyboard
Old 30-10-08, 01:51 PM   #4
Quedos

you gotta have randomness - you would worry about me - besides a certain Kitkat IIRC shot me down last year for mentioning largs instead of st andrews. Just getting a quick dig in !!

do the 30th Nov that means you can all chip in and buy me a birthday cake!

me likes
Hows about this year, 2 or 3 meeting points (for different folks) obviously with different routes to meet at st andrews at a fixed time for ice cream, then a combined run finishing with coffee (or a haggis supper) before splitting off. This can be finalised and formalised later depending on when and where the ice cream will be partaken and where the majority of folks are coming from.

so hows that for random

Old 30-10-08, 02:59 PM   #5
Kilted Ginger

I've had a quick look at a couple of possible post ice cream runs, again these are just fledgling ideas.

St Andrews - Cupar - Br O' Earn - Blairgowrie - Br O' Cally - Aberfeldy - *sma glen* - Br O' Allen (haggis supper) or *Killin*

Largs - Gourock - Dunoon (ferry every 20 mins £4) - Inverary - Tyndrum - Lochearnhead - Br O' Allen

Looking for local input into the suitability of these roads and routes taking into account it will be december.

Both of these are about 140 miles so 3.1/2 hrs riding plus stops plus haggis supper, 5 hours to be leaving Br O' Allen after ice cream, they also both provide cut outs for northies (Pitlochry or Tyndrum) who may need to bail early.

Bridge of Allen as an end point isn't set in stone, just thougt it was quite central with good transport links and a decent chippie or sit in eateries if we prefered, but again open to suggestions

For these options to work i'd suggest eating ice cream no later than 1pm that way it may still be light as we reach dinner and only riding home in the dark.
Old 30-10-08, 03:52 PM   #6
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Saturday(s) preferable for me - I could at least stay in Ed/Glas that night then, save me another 80-100 mile run home straight after the rideout.

Location, not bothered - I'm just tagging along for the banter again!

Purely selfish reasons, but got to be worth a shot!

Creatomatic

Last edited by JamesMio; 30-10-08 at 04:15 PM.
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-08, 04:02 PM   #7
Tiger 55

All hail the organising types!

I voted any location because it's really all about the company but being a traditionalist at heart I think we should stick with St Andrews for the end of season run and make Largs our start of season.

If we don't have traditions, why we're no better than foreigners.
Old 30-10-08, 04:30 PM   #8
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
All hail the organising types!

I voted any location because it's really all about the company but being a traditionalist at heart I think we should stick with St Andrews for the end of season run and make Largs our start of season.

If we don't have traditions, why we're no better than foreigners.
Old 30-10-08, 09:01 PM   #9
haggis

Hey KG, you know how you suggest the highlands on the poll....

Well, there's Capaldi's in Brora (google it) but you'd have to be mad to organise a run there in all but the summer months. In December it would be more like soup and a roll run, just aint so catchy, lol.

Oh yeah, and then I googled it and found this!!!!!

http://www.capaldis.co.uk/

Repeat after me, "Oh bugger!"
Old 30-10-08, 09:11 PM   #10
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis View Post
Repeat after me, "Oh bugger!"
Oh bugger!