SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 10-08-09, 07:27 PM   #101
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: RAF Northolt Airfield Riding Day.

aye, ask richie about fitment. He removed the front indicators and through the hole he bolted a sliced up bit of the std. oil cooler cover as a mount then the camera (oregon scientific bullet cam thing) just screws on. they have a small lense (as per the nature of the camera) so only really good images on bright days. Here's a slighlty less sunny day (in some parts) althouh in fairness it still ain't that bad.

Anyway I digress ...enjoy ya 'airfield riding day'
Old 12-08-09, 12:24 PM   #102
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
It'll be similar to that I would have thought
See the RAF leeming thread for an idea of what to expect; police presence (handing out flyers I think), lots of track prepped bikes with tyre warmers etc, not too many dicks, good day
Edit:

Although there were 12 crashes on ours, out of I'm guessing about 100 so roughly 10%. Sounds like RAF northolt might actually be a bit different to leeming.
looks like the surface is really good there, much better than northolt. how'd you find the day? i remember you saying at the ar you were rather worried about dropping it!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 12:37 PM   #103
RGV500

Well thats excellent news, and as you say its all about having fun and goin home at the end of the day
Old 12-08-09, 12:41 PM   #104
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
aye, ask richie about fitment. He removed the front indicators and through the hole he bolted a sliced up bit of the std. oil cooler cover as a mount then the camera (oregon scientific bullet cam thing) just screws on. they have a small lense (as per the nature of the camera) so only really good images on bright days. Here's a slighlty less sunny day (in some parts) althouh in fairness it still ain't that bad.

Anyway I digress ...enjoy ya 'airfield riding day'
Yeah that picture looks pretty good - how much did it cost? The only thing I'm struggling with is the fixing still - I can do something attached to the indicator on my CBR but not on the 750 - I'm thinking it would be nice to have it facing forward on the end of the pillion peg - give a view of the rider as well as the road
Old 12-08-09, 02:28 PM   #105
ogden
Mega Poster

Gadzooks. Not only have I missed this thread til now, I'm in France so will miss the day anyway. And I'll miss the Benson one the weekend before for the same reason.

How rubbish.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 03:49 PM   #106
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
Yeah that picture looks pretty good - how much did it cost? The only thing I'm struggling with is the fixing still - I can do something attached to the indicator on my CBR but not on the 750 - I'm thinking it would be nice to have it facing forward on the end of the pillion peg - give a view of the rider as well as the road
I got it as part of the deal on the bike. Second hand I think richie wanted about £50 for it. Yorkie chris had one for sale a bit ago but not sure if its still about.
Not sure on the fixing thing some places i'd consider are the indicator, pillion peg, grabrail, bar end? If you can get a mount with a similar mechanism to a jubilee clip/exhaust band thing then you'd have loads of options. Not sure what mounts they do (just reminded me I broke mine on this day it was held on with gaffa) . 'Dog cams' are also popular I tink. Anyway sorry about the derail everyone - enjoy your day.
Old 12-08-09, 04:34 PM   #107
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogden View Post
Gadzooks. Not only have I missed this thread til now, I'm in France so will miss the day anyway. And I'll miss the Benson one the weekend before for the same reason.

How rubbish.
Have I missed the bit where the date has been confirmed, I thought it had still to be sorted?
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 05:22 PM   #108
sam anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Have I missed the bit where the date has been confirmed, I thought it had still to be sorted?
I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and haven't seen a date confirmed yet!
Old 12-08-09, 07:06 PM   #109
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
looks like the surface is really good there, much better than northolt. how'd you find the day? i remember you saying at the ar you were rather worried about dropping it!
Yeah it was good, yellow lines were a bit slippy otherwise fine. Got to know the bike. Yeah I was really worried, it's my road bike, I'm skint and parts are a bit more on pointys , took my lowers off just incase but I was fine. Had lots of back end skids and a near highside but managed to keep it up. The fear of dropping it did hold me back a tad though, especially earlier on.
Old 15-08-09, 06:47 PM   #110
Cazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Ginger One View Post
Just a quick update.

It seems that the date will be changed as there is something going on at The Polish War Memorial on the 5th so it would be out of order to have X amount of bikes screaming round an airfield whilst some people are remembering the fallen.

I will let everybody know what is happening once I know.
Any further developments Tony? Just need to know whether to keep Sunday 6th free of work-type activities.