SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 31-03-21, 04:58 PM   #1
DaveW_42

Default Helite Turtle 2 on a trackday

Hi guys,
It's been a verrrry long time since I last posted on here but I thought I'd ask a question of the mighty org.

I'm thinking of buy one of the Helite Turtle 2 air vests - the one that goes over your jacket and attaches to the bike.
This one: https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf...hoCvIMQAvD_BwE
I'm buying it more for everyday riding so don't need the super duper more expensive all electronic GP Air version but I will still want to (at some point) wear it on the track if I can.

My question is this: Has anyone ridden with this on a normal trackday and how did it perform?
I'm assuming it won't just go off if you're leaning further off the bike than you would do on a normal ride? I'm no Marquez so I won't be getting any elbows down or anything ridiculous. Just wondered if anyone had any practical experience.
I would normally always wear a back protector on and off track but this has one built in. Is it safe to just wear this on top of my leathers and no sperate back protector underneath?
A note: My leathers are old but still good! I don't have an aero hump so not having the cut out in the turtle over the GPAir doesn't affect me.

Ta,
Dave

Last edited by DaveW_42; 31-03-21 at 05:27 PM.
DaveW_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 06:48 PM   #2
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Default Re: Helite Turtle 2 on a trackday

Ask MsV, they own most tracks and have been really quick, and logical recently when I asked about front brake lever guards.

Ste
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote