SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-05-06, 10:54 PM   #1
madmal

Default comfy posterior

i have a naked 99 curvy and find the seat to be reasonably comfortable for stints of about 60-70 miles before i start to lose feeling in me rump as it were and find the need to pull in and have a brew and rest me bum . if i carry on for much longer than this without a break i am in agony with me bum cheeks and right leg. touch of sciatica doesn't help.

i was just wondering, you guys/gals with the s models, how do you find your seat over these sort of distances as you are slightly leant forward more in your seat as opposed to the nakids does this position affect your wrists or is it a pretty neutral riding position (not been on any faired sv model personally).
Old 08-05-06, 06:42 AM   #2
pingu

I really don't have an issue on wrists or rump on anything up to 150 miles. Sure at 150 there is some stiffness if I am doing town traffic but I think that is a given. In neutral at lights and sitting up relieves it.

I do prefer the odd break tho for a cuppa
Old 08-05-06, 07:19 AM   #3
falc

The sv riding style isnt too extreme and the seat is not entirely bad but I did a 170mile ride without getting off the bike and it was good to get off the bike and refuel it!

You may consider a gel seat for the SV or some other kind of seat like an airhawk one, they will make it a bit easier on the posterior
Old 08-05-06, 09:00 AM   #4
jenni

speaking of which has anyone got any recommendations reveiws for gel seats cos i get really uncomfy on one side where i had my stitches and am thinking about getting one
Old 08-05-06, 09:06 AM   #5
Tim in Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni
speaking of which has anyone got any recommendations reveiws for gel seats cos i get really uncomfy on one side where i had my stitches and am thinking about getting one
Saw one on ebay this morning, search under sv650 and it should come up.
Old 08-05-06, 09:41 AM   #6
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

I've done a few 450 mile trips on my svs did 1500 miles in 1 weekend once!! just stopping for fuel and i've found it fine. Only had a slight numb bum and stiff knees but no wrist ache.
Old 08-05-06, 10:02 AM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

I've got the suzuki gel seat on, it's pretty nice- but you could achieve the same just mucking about with the standard one I think. The only thing is, it's lower so combined with my higher pegs things have become a little cramped
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-06, 12:11 PM   #8
tricky

I find my **** goes square after about two hours, which is normally time to stop for fuel anyway.

I was thinking of upgrading to a Naked K3 (pointy) but the seats feel a little bit harder to me, anyone comment on this ?
Old 09-05-06, 12:19 PM   #9
SpankyHam

Please don't bid on the gel seat currently on eBay.

I want to buy it for as little money as possible.
Old 09-05-06, 12:29 PM   #10
Grinch

Get it cut down, helps no end. I can ride for miles now and it helps with my short legs.