SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-05-09, 03:29 PM   #1
krhall

Default Courtesy Bike Charges :S

Just picked the CBR up and they said there was nothing wrong with it, for which they normally charge but on this occasion they would let it go, great.

Just dropped off their bike, which I have had since saturday and got an £82.80 charge for insurance on the bike.

The only reason I needed it was because, although the bike was booked in foe Weds 6th and actually dropped off on 5th, they didn't look at it until this week.

I had been told there was a charge of about £15, which I thought fair enough, this charge is £12ish plus VAT (PER DAY). Had that been explained to me I would never have taken the bike!

The courtesy bike had no speedo and an FI fault light on it too!

I have just phoned to complain about this, but don't suppose I will get any result out of it - I'm fuming.

Worse thing is work would've paid my travel fare on a train as I was on a course, but there's no way that they will cough up for anything other than petrol at about 20p per mile, so that leaves me absolutely f******.

Anyone got a dartford to central london weekly travelcard (used) for this week I can have, to claim back for.
Old 15-05-09, 03:36 PM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: Courtesy Bike Charges :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
Just picked the CBR up and they said there was nothing wrong with it, for which they normally charge but on this occasion they would let it go, great.

Just dropped off their bike, which I have had since saturday and got an £82.80 charge for insurance on the bike.

The only reason I needed it was because, although the bike was booked in foe Weds 6th and actually dropped off on 5th, they didn't look at it until this week.

I had been told there was a charge of about £15, which I thought fair enough, this charge is £12ish plus VAT (PER DAY). Had that been explained to me I would never have taken the bike!

I have just phoned to complain about this, but don't suppose I will get any result out of it - I'm fuming.

Worse thing is work would've paid my travel fare on a train as I was on a course, but there's no way that they will cough up for anything other than petrol at about 20p per mile, so that leaves me absolutely f******.

Anyone got a dartford to central london weekly travelcard (used) for this week I can have, to claim back for.
Zones 1-5?
Old 15-05-09, 03:38 PM   #3
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post

If they didnt put the charges in writing and have you sign for them, then dispute it with their head-office/guy at the top of the dealership.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-09, 03:44 PM   #4
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
Zones 1-5?
That would be a good start, but I think it is zone 6 i'm in.