SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-03-19, 11:14 AM   #41
Othen

Default Re: Where to sell a K3 SV1000N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Thou is much much better than the 650 in every way. I've had both. Anyone who recons it's too lumbering needs to learn how to corner correctly. Oh and take the steering damper off.

Had my thou for 12 years. Loved it. The only reason I got rid was I needed something with better luggage and pillion provision so got myself a multistrada which is a whole different kettle of ball games although I'm sure Othen can get one of those for a tenner too.

Most 650 riders have never actually ridden a Thou in anger so use their google-fu as the basis of unfounded fact.

Sure.
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 22-03-19, 11:57 AM   #42
Mega Poster

Oh look, another butthurt-never-ridden-a-thou-let-alone-owned-one kind of idiot.

Don't be bitter!
Old 22-03-19, 01:31 PM   #43
zsv650s

Othen haven't you got a panigale to pick up for £1200 you could drive to pick it up in your DB9 you bought for 20p.

Last edited by zsv650s; 22-03-19 at 01:33 PM.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-19, 01:38 PM   #44
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650s View Post
Othen haven't you got a panigale to pick up for £1200 you could drive to pick it up in your DB9 you bought for 20p.
Hahaha. This.
Old 22-03-19, 01:39 PM   #45
Othen

Quote:
I might go on the Triumph Scrambler I bought brand new for £3750, or my Bloop that was £200, or maybe my £850 CCM - perhaps a £600 K6, I just don't know

... sometimes people think things are worth much more than they turn out to be.
Old 22-03-19, 01:56 PM   #46
zsv650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I might go on the Triumph Scrambler I bought brand new for £3750, or my Bloop that was £200, or maybe my £850 CCM - perhaps a £600 K6, I just don't know

... sometimes people think things are worth much more than they turn out to be.
Of course you did if you'll excuse me I've got to go start my harrier jump jet up for the commute home.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-19, 01:58 PM   #47
Othen

Quote:
Of course you did if you'll excuse me I've got to go start my harrier jump jet up for the commute home.

Now you are pulling my leg - aren’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22-03-19, 02:48 PM   #48
Mega Poster

Nope, he got it for £80, because the the military, like everyone else, thinks their old jets are worth way more than they actually are. But zsv simply told them they're wrong, thus £80.

We're learning a lot from you here, buddy. Keep it up.
Old 22-03-19, 03:08 PM   #49
Othen

Default Where to sell a K3 SV1000N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650 View Post
Nope, he got it for £80, because the the military, like everyone else, thinks their old jets are worth way more than they actually are. But zsv simply told them they're wrong, thus £80.

We're learning a lot from you here, buddy. Keep it up.

Ha, ha - now I know you are joking. I really did buy my current 4 bikes for what I quoted above though. I got the Scrambler brand new from a dealer in Maryland for $7500 in 2007, I was living in Va and got paid in £, converted to $ at 2:1 so everything was half price. My employer (the military) even shipped it home for me, so that was a bargain. The Bloop was a barn find for £200 which cleaned up pretty well without much money spending on it. I'm the first and third owner of the CCM, bought new for £1400 from a dealer who had dabbled in the brand but found it was not for him and used in the Netherlands for 3 years before selling it to a mate who really wanted it - then buying it back a couple of years ago for £850. The K6 came with a year's MoT for £600 and has just needed a bit of TLC, and it is ready for the summer. All in all a fairly eclectic collection of bikes for under 6 grand. I use all the bikes and they are each a bit interesting in their own ways.

I do think it is amusing to hear how much people think things are worth. I remember buying a Toyota Supra (lovely car) about 15 years ago, the guy had it advertised for £6500, I showed up to look at it one Friday eve, he let on he had just left his wife and was desperate for some cash that weekend to pay the month's deposit on a flat with the new girlfriend - I offered him £2700 in cash which he laughed at so I started walking away - he ran after me before I got back to my mate's car and was happy to take the cash for his pride and joy. I enjoyed that car for 3 years and got £3k for it as a PX when I moved to Germany.

I don't really care what other people think - things are just worth what someone will pay for them, one can buy £6000 things all day long with 150 £20 notes in one’s back pocket.

I enjoy this SV650 site - they are cheap and cheerful bikes and many contributors have a similar attitude to running their bikes at low cost.

Ho hum...

Last edited by Othen; 22-03-19 at 05:50 PM.
Old 22-03-19, 06:52 PM   #50
Mark_h
Mega Poster

So you offer well below market price. Once in a while someone takes you up on it and then you come on here declaring that you understand market value.

Seems you understand how to effectively take advantage of someone who is needing to sell and then spout off as being an expert. I've not been on here for a while but now I'm back I really do need to catch up on who is worth listening to so glad you've cleared that one up for me.

I will be selling off some accessories shortly so please feel free to ignore my posts as I recon abba stands, pillion seats etc are worth more than 50p.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote