SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-06-09, 10:04 AM   #1
jimmyb

Default help with an akro system

hi all, just wondering if anybody can help me with info on setting up an akropovic system on a 2000 sv650. Have put some 155 mikuni jets in and a bmc rs filter and have been faffing around with the carb settings off sv rider.com but just cant get it to run right. Accelerating in higher gears its farting and at a constant speed its hunting or hesitating, dont know if the jet sizing is wrong or if a bit of tweeking will sort it? HELP
Old 20-06-09, 12:58 PM   #2
Spoon

Default Re: help with an akro system

The first thing I would say is to treat someone elses set up as a guide only - all bikes are different and need different fuelling once tehy start getting messed with. Also there are so many types of BMC filter that you may well have a different one to the bike originally being talked about.

I don't know about Mikuni jets but to give you a bit of info I have a curvy with a full WRP system, BMC race RS, Chewys tank spacers and am running 180 DJ mains (which I believe is just under ~170 in Mikuni money). As such 155 sounds rather lean to me.

Without access to a dyno it will take much trial and error to get the setup right but a good place to start is http://members.optusnet.com.au/sv650...ting_Notes.pdf