SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-02-11, 09:22 PM   #1
Ed

Default Business news from Ed

Wifey and I have set up a new business!!!!

Enderley Consulting Limited is a management consultancy aimed solely at law firms. The idea is to use our very considerable experience - both good and not so good - to steer other lawyers through the huge changes in the practice rules to be introduced by the Solicitors Regulation Authority ('SRA') this October. The SRA is aiming to get lawyers more business-focused and to have proper risk management strategies in place. I think you'd be surprised how many law firms don't even have a business plan, let alone financial or marketing plans.

The Law Society has a quality management standard for law firms, it's called Lexcel. It's like ISO9001 but for solicitors' practices. Anne is a Law Soc accredited Lexcel consultant and assessor, and she successfully took our last two firms through the Lexcel process. We are promoting Lexcel as a vehicle to achieve compliance with the new SRA handbook.

So, the planning is largely done, as is the writing of business materials - draft business plans etc that we can use for other firms - now for the marketing. We will be travelling all over the country to give talks on the SRA's proposals, from the north east to the far south west, as our research is clear that many firms have little idea of the scale and scope of the changes. The SRA has published four consultation papers, all very long (150-200 pages plus) and all practically unreadable, and they received all of 83 replies to the last one, mainly from consumer groups. There are about 10,000 law firms in England and Wales... so what does that tell you

It's really exciting and we feel really positive. We can run it from home so no office overhead, no b*stard office landlord charging £350 for a Christmas tree in the common reception (oh yes, it's true), no rip off professional indemnity insurance (if I tell you that in the last year of the law firm, our PI premium - and this is never having made a claim - was £24,500, would you be shocked???), we can run it on existing PCs using standard MS Office software, and best of all we have no troublesome partners or employees - and after previous experience, we never will

Here's our website. It still needs a bit of tweaking, like mugshots of me and Anne, and I have a few articles yet to go on the site on the News page. Let me know what you think, good and not so good comments all appreciated

www.enderleyconsulting.co.uk

Ed
Old 06-02-11, 09:23 PM   #2
speedplay

Default Re: Business news from Ed

And I was hoping for some cheap veg too..

All seriousness though Ed, Good luck and I hope it works out for you
Old 06-02-11, 09:25 PM   #3
appollo1
Mega Poster

Congratulations Ed

Best wishes to you both in making this a success. This could be the start of better things for you

Nice one mate

http://www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk/ everyone deserves a second chance

RIP Appollo miss you and will always love you x x x x
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 09:28 PM   #4
Specialone

Best of luck Ed, I think your due some after the crap you had with your previous venture / partners.
Old 06-02-11, 09:31 PM   #5
maviczap
Mega Poster

I was wondering what you'd been doing with all that free time, since you quit the last carp job.

Putting it to good use I see, excellent, good luck with it
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 09:33 PM   #6
Ed

Had enough time to sort of get over it, been to hell and back, wounds licked, lessons learned, now it's onwards and upwards
Old 06-02-11, 09:35 PM   #7
maviczap
Mega Poster

Onwards & upwards Ed, next world domination
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 09:38 PM   #8
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Best of luck Ed, hope it goes well for you both.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 09:44 PM   #9
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Good luck mate!

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 09:45 PM   #10
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Best of luck with it.