SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-09-18, 07:06 AM   #6371
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Grimsby hospital charge £3.60 for 2 hour parking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
one of my pet hates... dont get me started.. lol
There are many reasons to charge for parking, it encourages those who can to use public transport, it stops scrotes using hospital carparks as free parking while they nip into local town for shopping, go on the train etc, it discourages people from staying longer than they need to (sitting in hospital coffee shop for hours chatting ) and this frees up spaces for others, it should help maintain carpark in decent condition with decent lighting etc. Pretty much every shopping centre charges for parking now.

If you are a regular patient having long term treatment or have to frequently visit someone our local hospital has a scheme to give people free parking,

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-18, 07:13 AM   #6372
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Decided to see how much plastic I could find on the beach in this tiny cove in Devon in 2 minutes
Single use plastic is a massive problem. We were on a carpark overlooking the sea in Cornwall last week and there was a dodgy looking van (not a proper camper but they looked as though they were sleeping in it) - the guy opened the door and the wind got inside and blew out empty plastic bottles and wrapping - he was unconcerned as it skittered around the carpark so it collected as much as I could up and put it in one of the the large bins provided ( nobody else looked like they were going to) - but it was ironic that the van had 'surfers against sewage' sticker on it... words fail me.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-18, 10:41 AM   #6373
Bibio
Mega Poster

ikea changing the design of the multi compartment/drawer wooden box things. i have 5 of them for my fly tying stuff but wanted more but now dont do the same design. i got them from ikea as it was something that they sold for years and years exactly the same so i knew i could go back and get more if needs be. yes the new design is more than likley easier to put together but they could have at least made them the same fekin dimensions as the old ones.......
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-18, 11:36 AM   #6374
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

LPH - was that a plastic spaniel you found?
Old 29-09-18, 04:56 PM   #6375
Bibio
Mega Poster

as long as the public and official bodies let shops sell stuff in plastic then we the public will have no option but to use it.

people that litter were dragged up, not brought up as far as i'm concerned.
Old 01-10-18, 12:19 PM   #6376
MrMessy

Borrowed my mates Camper van to go to my daughters in London and got a Penalty Notice Charge of £250 for van not complying with emission standards? Been down again since so more could be arriving! Knew nothing about this are how are you supposed to know if you do not live in London? Thought it was only lorries that where affected. No signs to really warn you or you have to pay on the day! With Congestion charge at least they warn you to leave M11 before it affects you. Apparently old "Showmans" vehicles are exempt!
MrMessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 12:37 PM   #6377
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

£250 seems a bit steep!
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 12:52 PM   #6378
Bibio
Mega Poster

they should have toll booths so you can decide if you want to enter or not.

btw its up to the public to tell their gov/mayor/council to remove the congestion charge. the people pay their wages so we ARE their boss. if we the public dont want something we CAN tell the powers that be to revoke it. its not the other way round like most people think.
Old 01-10-18, 03:27 PM   #6379
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heorot View Post
Even better, parking at the Norwich & Norfolk hospital is free for cancer patients having outpatient treatment.
In Newcastle my nurses told me to pay the first hour (£1.10) and put a note next to the ticket saying "In ward 34 don't know how long I'll be, please contact the ward.... blah blah blah". Ward 34 is the chemo ward and I didn't get a ticket.
Old 01-10-18, 04:05 PM   #6380
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMessy View Post
Borrowed my mates Camper van to go to my daughters in London and got a Penalty Notice Charge of £250 for van not complying with emission standards?
There are signs all over the place, just as there are for the congestion charge, as you head towards the LEZ (low emission zone). The automated cameras don't know you've not checked eligibility so you get hit. You can probably appeal but I'll bet they say "ignorance is no excuse" and refuse to back down. It sucks but with the war against emissions getting harsher all the time I would not be surprised if the same zones, charging and fines don't spreads to other areas soon. Unless you have a very modern vehicle, with a small clean engine keep away from London, that's for sure. Or take the train from one of the new Parkway stations springing up outside theM25.