SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-10-18, 02:48 PM   #6391
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
if you want to go to a more expensive clinic or hospital you will have to pay the 'gap' between what Medicare will fund and what you were charged
So the rich people go the better hospitals which tend to draw in the better doctors and the poor people get what's left. A 2 tier system based on wealth, no thanks.

Before the NHS was created the UK had a payment system for healthcare and the poorer people didn't get treated, it's why the NHS was created in the first place to look after everybody, not just the favoured few. We have pensioners choosing between heating or eating now, making them (and us) pay for private healthcare is not the way forward.

Last edited by Seeker; 02-10-18 at 02:53 PM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 02:58 PM   #6392
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
people seem to forget that its THEIR NHS not the governments. just like all the privatisation that went on. we the public pay the government to do a job via taxation to do the jobs we dont want to do. thats how a government works. they work for us not the other way round.

idle hands make idle minds so if the people dont tell their government what to do then the government will make things up to do. its that simple folks.

as rules said you need to tell your MP that you as a member of the public and their boss you want to keep the NHS. if you dont then the government has no opposition and WILL sell it.

TBH i think they will start with the fire brigade as a testing ground.
We all have to remember that the better politicians CARE. They go into politics to achieve what they believe to be the right thing. That is what they are going to try their hardest to do regardless of the voters wishes. They have absolutely no intention of working for us, except when it coincides with their belief of what is right.
Old 02-10-18, 03:02 PM   #6393
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
So the rich people go the better hospitals which tend to draw in the better doctors and the poor people get what's left. A 2 tier system based on wealth, no thanks.
That would do for me as long as "what's left" is good enough (in my view of coarse), perfection takes a lot to achieve.
Old 02-10-18, 03:10 PM   #6394
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
You think that does not happen in UK, ever heard of Harley Street ? Believe me the Australian healthcare system is a model that other countries may want to follow. The NHS is a bottomless money pit where the more services they offer the more the demand rises - the NHS was originally set up to try to make sure people were fit to go to work - and offer basic healthcare, but that remit was overtaken a long time ago and now they are expected to fix everything even things caused by blatant self-abuse. Being totally free at point of use means it gets abused, it needs to be controlled better. Australia was one of the first countries to offer 24/7 drop in medical centres to take pressure off their A & E and it worked. There is too much inertia in our NHS and they are slow to accept innovations. There is also too much heirachy in our medical system, my wife said the Aussie system was much more democratic and more of a meritocracy than our stratified system, still based on the 'old boys network' and too much politics and bowing and scraping expected by the higher echelon from 'the minions' . What is the difference between God and an NHS consultant, God does not think he is a consultant....

My wife worked a long time in both systems, and she knows which one she prefers. Medical care in Aus if fine, all that happens is that those who can afford to pay will pay if they want to, neither of us went outside basic Medicare system when we lived there and did not have a problem with it, but instead of waiting a couple of weeks for an appointment and a long time for test results you could often see a doctor same day or next day (did not have to be 'your' doctor you could go to any doctor, a drop in centre or hospital A & E - they could access patients records online a long time before it happened over here) and tests were carried out by private companies and the results were usually back with a day not weeks (the competition from other companies meant they were kept on their toes, nothing like a lack of competition to breed complacency and sloppiness). No one was neglected because they were poor, but I feel the system was not as exploited as the NHS and Australians certainly looked after themselves and their health better than many in UK do, because a lot of people in UK think they can abuse their body and everything will be put right for free by the NHS.

Our NHS is great but as usual it is a case of 'lions led by donkeys' - the higher up let the workers down.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 02-10-18 at 03:42 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 04:13 PM   #6395
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Our NHS is great
...which brings us back to not letting the Tories destroy it. I've emailed my missing-in-action MP (Martin Vickers) multiple times in the last week letting him know how I feel. He stopped responding 18 months ago (and I'm polite).

I think MPs should only be allowed to serve (hah!) for 10 years, or to age 60, whichever comes first.
Old 02-10-18, 04:23 PM   #6396
Seeker
Mega Poster

The Grimsby hospital car park. The basic problem is that it is not big enough. It has a license plate scanner that will only allow you in if there's a space but you don't know where the space is so you have to prowl around slowly only to find other cars prowling and you end up snarled up in a traffic jam within the car park, meanwhile more cars have been let in and you still can't find a space. Then a space opens up behind you but because you can't reverse because you're in a traffic jam the guy two cars back who came in after you gets it.

It took me 25 minutes to get parked.

On leaving you enter your license plate number into cash machine, hopefully the system recognises it, you pay walk to your car and try and leave the car park, only now it decides it doesn't want to let anyone out. Good grief.

I've been told I now need an MRI which has to be done at S****horpe (the censor won't allow the name of the steel town in N Lincs, lol) and I said to the nurse: "I hope the car park system is better."

"Oh, no", she said: "It's worse because their car park is smaller." Can't wait.

(and the doctor snuck in a DRE, so I have a squidgy bum, TMI?)

Last edited by Seeker; 02-10-18 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-10-18, 04:31 PM   #6397
Bibio
Mega Poster

i hate getting old.. seen the resident cardiologist today who told me they are more concerned about the artery's in my stomach more than my heart. went round and round the hospital looking for a parking space.. got one in the end. at least they are free. i should know better and take a taxi like i normally do but i wanted to go shopping afterwords so took the cage. hospital is only a mile away... lol
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 08:29 PM   #6398
Teejayexc

Quote:
The Grimsby hospital car park. The basic problem is that it is not big enough. It has a license plate scanner that will only allow you in if there's a space but you don't know where the space is so you have to prowl around slowly only to find other cars prowling and you end up snarled up in a traffic jam within the car park, meanwhile more cars have been let in and you still can't find a space. Then a space opens up behind you but because you can't reverse because you're in a traffic jam the guy two cars back who came in after you gets it.

It took me 25 minutes to get parked.

On leaving you enter your license plate number into cash machine, hopefully the system recognises it, you pay walk to your car and try and leave the car park, only now it decides it doesn't want to let anyone out. Good grief.

I've been told I now need an MRI which has to be done at S****horpe (the censor won't allow the name of the steel town in N Lincs, lol) and I said to the nurse: "I hope the car park system is better."

"Oh, no", she said: "It's worse because their car park is smaller." Can't wait.

(and the doctor snuck in a DRE, so I have a squidgy bum, TMI?)
Trouble is.....car park nearest the doors always fills up with lazy *******s who can't be arsed to walk far! It's supposed to be for those who really struggle to walk far.

If you go straight over the first roundabout instead of hanging a left for the main car park, ther are other less used car parking areas,( or there was when I was last there)
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-18, 07:07 AM   #6399
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejayexc View Post
Trouble is.....car park nearest the doors always fills up with lazy *******s who can't be arsed to walk far! It's supposed to be for those who really struggle to walk far.

If you go straight over the first roundabout instead of hanging a left for the main car park, ther are other less used car parking areas,( or there was when I was last there)
Bet good money that areas for disabled and ones nearest entrance are populated by large German SUV type vehicles, their sense of entitlement is frightening. My wife worked as PA for a guy (he owned the company) who although not in the least disabled kept badgering his GP for a disabled sticker / card - he had enough money and in the end I am sure he got one - but my wife left - could not work with such a egotisitic pr4tt - oh by the way he had a vanity plate on his car as well.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 10:44 AM   #6400
Bibio
Mega Poster

sick and fekin tired of having to update my fekin tv.. i dont want or need to update the thing.. it works so why do i need to update it. and no you cant just press cancel..... AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote