SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 22-09-13, 11:52 PM   #11
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Pirelli Angel GT fitted

sounds good but i'll wait to see what the verdict is in the rain.

went threw a road river today at full lean on the PR2's and not one bit of drama. just wish there was more feedback from them.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-13, 07:54 AM   #12
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Pirelli Angel GT fitted

Nae problems in the wet whatso ever!!! Did Stromeferry to Durness 250ish miles in the pishing rain, and loved it. Was chucking the bike around going over the Kylesku bridge area.

Maybe on a bigger more powerful bike, people are getting them to spin up but never happened to me, not even expierenced it crossing white lines etc.

Had to brake very hard yesterday in the damp due to my a pheasent strike on my pal in front of me but bike was very stable under braking. I even managed to make the front give a wee 'chirp' when braking hard into a 30 zone coming into Alston, sneeks up on you a wee bit .
Old 23-09-13, 10:30 AM   #13
NTECUK
Mega Poster

How's the front wear Dizyo?
still an ok U profile or has it gone V ??
Still 6000 mls is very good
Old 28-04-14, 07:43 PM   #14
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Pirelli Angel GT fitted

Replaced BT016's on the gixxer with a pair of Angel GT's.

Did 2000 miles on the bridgestones and never felt happy on the front, going round roundabouts always felt like i hit a step and then the bike would fall over, went really light. Not a nice feeling. Thought i just had to get used to a different bike with a more 'active' front end.

Nope, just had to replace with a pair of Angel GT's.

Bike feels so much more stable and predictable, i just took it for a wee scrubbing in run and am nearly all the way to the edge on the front. These tyres give me such a feeling of confidence. I thought the same when i had them on the SV and now have transformed the Gixxer.

Wish i had fitted them when i got the bike.
Old 29-04-14, 10:36 PM   #15
sputnik

Got to say I'm liking the Angel GTs too. Surprised more people aren't commenting on them but I guess they are still relatively new. I probably have about 2000 miles on them now. I had the STs on before which I quite liked and gave me mega mileage (10k on the rear, yes, really, albeit squarer than a Rubik's cube by then!) and reasonable confidence wise but the Gts deffo feel better.

I was surprised that the gts didn't have as noticeable a new tyre feel as you usually get and have a very gentle drop in, I think probably because the profile is relatively flat. But so far grip feels good in all conditions and cornering feels good. My nerves twitch long before the tyres do (sigh).

I think the biggest thing I've noticed is the fact that they feel grippy and good to go as soon as you get on the bike. Almost all previous tyres have felt like they need a bit of warmth and a few miles before they really grip properly. With these, the first roundabout of the day is no longer squeeky bum time, even in cold weather.

Be interested to see how they shape up once the mileage gets up but happy so far and reasonably priced for £220 a pair, ride in ride out.
Old 03-06-14, 01:35 PM   #16
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Anyone else tried these? (particularly anyone who's had avon storms!). I love avon storms but they're £195 fitted, the garage have these in for ~£170...tempted to take a punt
Old 03-06-14, 06:15 PM   #17
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

I have them on my SM-T and they're alright, not as confidence inspiring as the PR3's IMHO and not anywhere as good in the wet either...their good enough to get a second rear before replacing front and rear with something else (need to make the most of the front) but I wont be putting them on after that...likely PR4's by that time, harder center and softer outside than the PR3's but still good wet performance...ticks all the boxes for me

Sorry no Avons on prior, only Conti's which came with the bike

Triumph and Suzuki owner

Last edited by kaivalagi; 03-06-14 at 06:16 PM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-14, 07:13 PM   #18
Gimerk

Default Pirelli Angel GT fitted

I can't find anywhere local to Southampton who does Angel GTs cheaper than £275!
Old 14-07-14, 04:51 PM   #19
dyzio
Mega Poster

Mileage: 20300.

The rear is getting replaced. There is 0.5-1mm till the middle wear marker left, but I've got a bigger rideout approaching and this won't be enough. It lasted almost 10k miles, can't complain about that.

I'll stick to most things I wrote earlier, but once this one is done, I'll probably chuck a pair of PR 3/4s on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzio View Post
I'll second what the reviewers said, they seem to be ready to go from the moment you start riding, but I chose to give them a few minutes to warm everything up anyway.
I take this back. Not if you're camping in Scotland .

dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-14, 07:51 PM   #20
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

I'm in the same boat, one more rear Gt then back to a set of PR3/4's...the Gt's are good but the PRs are just better alrounders IMHO although with a little less mileage...the in the wet performance is what pushes me back more than anything else though

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote