SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-11-21, 06:49 PM   #10191
svenrico

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Nope, we rang round a few places and the best we could find was replacement one day earlier than the Autoglass appointment, at double the cost ... there so many different windscreen variants now (multiple options for the same model of car, depending on whether they have forward cameras & radar for adaptive cruise etc) that in many cases, the screen has to be ordered in.
Does it make any difference if it is claimed under the insurance ? Does the insurance company have any clout in getting things done quicker or liable for paying compensation for undue delays in repairs ? Just thinking out loud.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-21, 07:10 PM   #10192
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Does it make any difference if it is claimed under the insurance ? Does the insurance company have any clout in getting things done quicker or liable for paying compensation for undue delays in repairs ? Just thinking out loud.
Your insurance company will not want to know. If you have windscreen cover it will be outsourced to one of the major suppliers, like Autoglass, and they'll tell you to speak directly to them if you try. Technically your insurance company takes the premium from you and you are therefore their customer but I tried that and basically wasted my breath.

For a lot of cars you will almost certainly want to go the insurance route in any case. I was quoted over £500 when I tried to source a fix of my own following yet another no-show by Autoglass. The heated screen in my Ford is excellent on a frosty morning but that plus the mount for the traffic sign recognition camera behind the rear view mirror makes for a flipping expensive replacement.

Last edited by Sir Trev; 16-11-21 at 07:14 PM.
Sir Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-21, 03:48 AM   #10193
BanannaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
My ongoing dose of manbola is worsening to the point where my sinuses are trying to leave via my eyeballs, I now cry just turning my head.
Suffering with the same. 🤧

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-21, 08:52 AM   #10194
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
My ongoing dose of manbola is worsening to the point where my sinuses are trying to leave via my eyeballs, I now cry just turning my head.

The only thing I've ever found to help for sinuses is hot (as hot as you can stand) and then cold facecloths held onto them to try and encourage as much blood flow as possible. Alternate a few times between hot and then cold in quick succession. I've had a few very painful long cases of sinusitis in the past and nothing else really helped.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-21, 09:25 AM   #10195
Seeker
Mega Poster

Paul Dacre. The Conservatives want the former editor of the Daily Mail to head up Ofcom. In the initial interviews he was declared "not appointable" by the interview panel.

Not happy with this result, the Tories went back to the drawing board and adjusted the requirements to better meet Paul Dacre's talents and by using a new panel.

https://goodlawproject.org/news/paul-dacre-a-rigged-appointment/

"Britain is not a corrupt country but we are getting there."

New Conservative election tag line 2022
Old 17-11-21, 09:42 AM   #10196
Craig380
Mega Poster

The words of Nye Bevan ring ever more true:

"What is Toryism but organised spivvery?"

"So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin."
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-21, 11:37 AM   #10197
Seeker
Mega Poster

Star Trek: Discovery was one of the reasons I joined Netflix, 2 days before season 4 is due to be shown (on Netflix) Paramount have pulled it from overseas viewing and will only allow you to see it if you sign up for Paramount+ sometime next year.

Thanks, but no thanks Paramount.
Old 17-11-21, 07:16 PM   #10198
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
The only thing I've ever found to help for sinuses is hot (as hot as you can stand) and then cold facecloths held onto them to try and encourage as much blood flow as possible. Alternate a few times between hot and then cold in quick succession. I've had a few very painful long cases of sinusitis in the past and nothing else really helped.
Im getting somewhere now but will give that a go next time. My bloodstream is around 98% lemsip at this point, I discovered albas oil bubble bath and now feel like every pore on my body is open

I could probably smell time
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-21, 08:06 PM   #10199
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Star Trek: Discovery was one of the reasons I joined Netflix, 2 days before season 4 is due to be shown (on Netflix) Paramount have pulled it from overseas viewing and will only allow you to see it if you sign up for Paramount+ sometime next year.

Thanks, but no thanks Paramount.
Do you have a VPN where you could fool Netflix into thinking you were in the USA?
Old 17-11-21, 08:30 PM   #10200
svenrico

Quote:
Im getting somewhere now but will give that a go next time. My bloodstream is around 98% lemsip at this point, I discovered albas oil bubble bath and now feel like every pore on my body is open

I could probably smell time
I went to the chemist recently and was told I couldn't use Lemsip or Vic type nasal spray as it would interact badly with my other prescribed medication, but I can use an Olbas nasal stick inhaler. Hopefully my cold is about gone now anyway but it is worth remembering to check with the pharmacist about any over the counter medicine if you are on prescribed medication from the doctor.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote